cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make PM even better

plaxtonmatteo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is my first time posting a question so I’m sorry if it’s in the wrong spot. I just have a suggestion that I feel lots of people would enjoy. An app, simple as that. Instead of having to go through the internet every time we could just log onto our app and stay logged in. Receive notifications as to how much data we have left. Access the community through the app. It would make things a lot easier in my opinion. 

11 REPLIES 11

@plaxtonmatteo wrote:

what about us iPhone users? And other possible notifications? Such as “hey just a reminder your data is on but you have disconnected from wifi” (yes I know that could be a system notification) or, “hey check out these new plans we just rolled out!” things like that. You don’t really have to update it... just make it so it works then leave it.

You can subscribe for email notifications of new promos on the main page.  We probably won't see an app here.  Koodo got rid of theirs a few years ago, and with them being higher up on the food chain it doesn't make sense for them to provide one for the budget tier.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@plaxtonmatteo 

Someone has mentioned you can put a quick link on your phone that you click and sign in on. You could remain signed in but thats a security risk if you leave your phone unattended or it gets lost or stolen. Set your data saver and warning/ limiter (not sure what its called on an iPhone) to give you a  heads up on your data usage.

Have you also turned off wifi-assist? And all of your background data? Theres no reason to give away your data to some hungry apps.....

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I don't think that PM will ever provide an app.

I prefer PM fixed the autopay renewal bug than provide more features which is nice to have but not essential. 

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@plaxtonmatteo why would Telus want people using PM when they make more money on the higher tiers? PM was meant to be a bare bones service for people who dont want/cant afford to pay more. The bonus here is in the rewards program, which reduces your out of pocket costs. 

JLakerson

@plaxtonmatteo 

An app would definitely be helpful. I feel like I would be able to contribute to the Community a lot more with an app since at the moment, I only ever contribute to the Community when I use my laptop (once every other day or so).

It would also be easier to access our account and check simple things like our balance, our rewards, usage, etc.

We shall see as it seems like many people don't think an app will be created anytime soon.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is a topic we have been talking for long time.

plaxtonmatteo

what about us iPhone users? And other possible notifications? Such as “hey just a reminder your data is on but you have disconnected from wifi” (yes I know that could be a system notification) or, “hey check out these new plans we just rolled out!” things like that. You don’t really have to update it... just make it so it works then leave it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a cost that the upper Telus tier can absorb. I'd rather not pay for it in my rates. The basic functions of this place are more important in my opinion. ie. the error-prone payment system.

The direct competitors of this place don't have the rewards that this place has. They have an app though. Don't care.

Data Witness PM can be set to match your renewal date for data usage. It was made by a customer a few years ago. It's in the Google Play store.

Hoserdave

I agree.  I've found myself having to remind myself to log in when I returned home to handle account issues.  An app would definitely help.

plaxtonmatteo

I guess, but it may be worth it for them to develop it because it will encourage people to use the community cause it will be easier. Plus it’s a good advertising point “easy quick view of your data usage...” using the press and hold feature on iPhone maybe? Selling people ease of use would really help them cause the one complaint with PM that people seem to have (if they have any) is that it’s hard to use. And then they get frustrated. An app may help them 🤷🏻

ashleyskye

As much as I would like an app, PM is a budget version of Telus and likely wont have an app anytime soon. The more money they put into PM, the more they will charge.

Need Help? Let's chat.