cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo self service app out of nowhere

jcflo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A koodo app appeard on my phone and it cannot be deleted. I was wondering if it was put by public mobile or not. I know that Telus owns both brand so maybe they put that there.

6 REPLIES 6

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is why I buy only iphones. I don't want to see any preinstalled apps from koodo 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

The Koodo app might've been preinstall bloatware if the phone was purchased from Koodo.

It might have been a remnant once installed on the phone (or SD card) which reactivated itself on a scheduled day to check for updates or something.

But it might have been some kind of malware (pretending to be a legit app), especially if you have no clue where it came from or why it was suddenly active. I'd recommend running malware scan on the device, or at least monitoring what it's doing with a task manager or task killer app.

Koodo officially discontinued their app long ago.

jcflo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not sure what happen but the app is gone. I tried deleting it and it was only back to it's factory resetstage. I change the phone default memory to sd card and the app was gone after a reset. I change it back to internal memory and the app is still gone. 

I really not sure what all of this was about.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Koodo is a subsidiary of Telus but not affiliated with PM.  Strange that the app got installed on your phone.  Did you previously use Koodo ? Do you have antivirus software installed ? YoutYou could try contacting a moderator by submitting a ticket.  Click on the question mark on the bottom right corner.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jcflo wrote:

A koodo app appeard on my phone and it cannot be deleted. I was wondering if it was put by public mobile or not. I know that Telus owns both brand so maybe they put that there.

Interesting. Did the phone originally come from Telus or Koodo? Did you change anything deep in the system?

Crappy that they would just shove the app onto the phone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jcflo I don't think PM would put a n app on your phone. Have you tried putting your phone into Aeroplane mode and deleting the Koodo APP? Was your phone bought through Koodo? If it was, the app may have always been there, just disabled and some setting changed that caused it to reappear. If this is the case, disable it again. Stay safe.

Need Help? Let's chat.