cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much data?

Savebig2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey PM fans 🙂

I’m very new here but loving it ! I’m trying to use use 2 GB of data a month. 
just curious what’s others using? Cheers!

24 REPLIES 24

@TessieBoo 

It's nice to hear you've found the right plan to suit your needs. It seems like you're going to fit in real well around here. Welcome to the community!

TessieBoo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I’m a “NEW B”, and this is the plan that I’m on.  Great value for the price.  I won’t be changing it to anything else....it’s more than enough for me.

KingAlex
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went from 1GB/mo to 4.5GB a month and based on my lifestyle I felt like 1GB wasn't enough per month as I had to often restrict my usage. However, with 4.5GB a month or roughly 150MB a day, I find it might be a bit much! Now I'm watching Youtube videos that I wouldn't have bothered watching before on the go ahah.

Ultimately the amount of data depends on the user. Keep track of your average day and gauge if 2GB is or isn't appropriate.

@MAGE 

Yes I agree with everyone above unless youre on a promo like $10off/6months then stay and play on that rate plan until your promo is finished. As I've already shown  if you can get along with 1gb and the ability to purchase an add on as needed makes financial sense. You can always change back to a higher data plan as needed (ie holidays, business travel.)Make sure you employ your data saver, tracker, restrict all background data, set data warnings and limits.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@MAGE 

I would have to agree, you're much better off with the $25/1gb plan. maps/GPS doesn't use that much data. you can also download offline maps and purchase the $15/1gb if needed.

figure out what your usage is this month and adjust your plan if needed. that's the beauty of pm, you can move up and down plans with ease, sort of. there is a glitch, you need to have the "available funds" of the total plan amount in your account. otherwise PM's payment system tends to fail during this process

Savebig2

You’d be better off with a lesser Plan and buy add on data. The data will carry over month to month then

MAGE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't use much because I stay home a lot of the time and use wifi. 
That being said, I got the 5gb plan because sometimes I take trips or get lost and have to use maps to figure out where I am. haha It's mostly "just in case" gigabytes... nice to have when I need it! 

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Ya that’s a really good idea. I’m gonna see my usage this month and see if that’ll work for me.

Thanks again

Savebig2

Wow you keep the data usage low - well done to you and nice savings loving PM

@Helpershelper 

You might be better off on the $15 plan with the $5/500 min add on and the $15/1gb data add on. Your initial outlay is $35 but your add ons roll over and depending on your calling habits you may not even need the $5/500 min add on ( its really just insurance.) Based on data use only with 1.25gb and using an average of 750mb per month you would have 500mb roll over to be added to your 250mb of plan data. Your monthly cost would drop to $22.50 (-rewards) and be a little more conservative with your data and average 500mb your monthly cost would drop to $20. That would get you to Christmas and I bet pm will have a little gift under the tree for everyone!

My data usage Jun July Aug now..sim1/ 2 -191/4.68mb  682/2.71  1gb/2.34mb  73.55/9.36mb

bubble
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up for the 1 GB plan but probably won't use that much. I only use data for finding directions and browsing email when I'm out during weekends. Only time I needed a bit more data was when my wifi stopped working for 2 days. Ended up using my parent's phone as a hotspot for my work laptop.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I use under 1GB with the most recent month 758MB. I just don’t stream outside and use my phone for calls and occasional web and email. With free Wi-Fi everywhere and with people not going out I can save a ton on cellular data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In my time here of just over 2 years:

summer 2019 - 1gb data

Xmas 2019 - 1gb data and 400 minute international (and Canada) add-on

around the end of Aug in BC/AB - 5gb data and 1000 minutes Canada add-on

I think that's it. Dang nice of them. I have 3 accounts. 2 of them got all this. One of them also got the last. They're all on the now obsolete $10 plan.

Thank you Public Mobile

Savebig2

Thanks that’s a good idea. 
I switched from 5  to 2 GB this month so going to see it how it goes 

Savebig2

How did you get the gifts??

Savebig2

So what plan are you use? 
I am trying to cut down on mine as I have wifi at home and work too 

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I use about 250M a month since i use WIFI at work and home.

@hairbag1 Yes I have quite the stack of gifts sitting in my accounts now....im running out of room!

@darlicious...

that's the plan for next renewal as I have 400mins of International Calling Add-on as well as 1000 mins of Canada wide calling add-on....both were gifts. Plus the 5GB of gifted data.

@hairbag1 

How much calling do you do? The $15 plan with the $15/1gb data add on would be $30/1.250gb of data with the ability to roll over up to 1gb of data per month requiring you to only purchase data as needed. How much h data do you use each month? 500mb? 750mb? If you roll over 500mb per month that drops your plan price to $22.50 before rewards. There's a higher investment to begin with as you would probably want to add the $5/500mb calling add on too.....but you'll save in the long run.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Savebig2 wrote:

Hey PM fans 🙂

I have the $25 plan with a total of 1GB of data per renewal. I use wifi whenever possible and I'm ashamed to say I usually have data left over at next renewal. Too bad it didn't just roll over all the time.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

Savebig2

Ya I saw that. I’m glad I switched over my wife too 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Savebig2 

If you are on the $30/2gb plan you may want to stick with it as its no longer offered. If you change plans you won't be able to return to it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Savebig2 wrote:

Hey PM fans 🙂

I suspect most people here would be trying to use as little as possible rather than trying to use what they have. If you find you don't need that size of bucket of data then you could downgrade to the 1gb plan and save a couple few bucks.

Others find they run out before their 30 days. So they upgrade to a bigger bucket.

And then there're data add-ons.

Welcome to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.