cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye, Telus

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Short and sweet,

I signed up with Public Mobuile in 2016.

I'm signing out from Telus in 2024.

The "free data" I received which will expire? It's not a bonus, it's not a gift, it's not a freebie. It's an anchor, it's intended to keep me in place providing predictable revenue for a few months. So I feel insulted instead of valued.

The forced move from legacy Rewards to new Points? It was unwanted yet also inevitable and unsurprising. But removing the extra Points from loyalty the night before making the announcement was a seriously unethical move. Scumbags! In practice, I basically got ripped off by some 60+ Points on each account, which I translate into some $60+ on each account. So I feel screwed and I'm taking my accounts to another provider.

Burning your loyal subscribers for a few dollars? You're getting what you deserve when we leave. When we make efforts to never come back. When we advise others to avoid your brands. You've turned us from loyal brand ambassadors to vengeful brand assassins. Well done, marketing department!

I'm saying goodbye to friends and familiar names I've chatted with here before. Thank you all for your advice, jokes, stories, conversation. We had good times.

Don't bother giving Bravos to this post, don't bother trying to reply or private message or email or text or call. I'm gone and I'm never coming back. This isn't a drama thing or an invitation to "keep the communication open" - I'm not looking for reasons to stay - this is simply me walking away from a provider which insulted me and which screwed me.

1 REPLY 1

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Korth_ 

it is said you are leaving.  

But what deal you are getting?  really cheaper than here?

You have been here for long time, I suspect you have some referrals built up .  So, you still find it cheaper elsewhere?

Need Help? Let's chat.