cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desjardins Gold Visa Cell Phone Insurance

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi 

Has anyone had any experince with Desjardins Gold Visa cell phone insurance?

Pros

Cons

7 REPLIES 7

Patrick_R

So true

Free is always a good price for insurance, lol. It's there if you need it but if you don't use it you don't lose anything. 

Patrick_R

I dont pay for the cell insurance it comes free with the creditcard.

I always compare total cost of insurance vs cost of insured things. 

For me a cellphone is a disposable thing, necessary but not not especially valuable, easily replaced. And it's not an investment, it's tech, it won't have any keepsake or resell value, it'll be dead/dying and obsolete. So not worth paying $$ per month or $$$ per year to insure it.

Maybe worth it if your phone is worth $$$$. Or if the insurance covers other valuables, offers other perks, etc. 

This thread has been moved to The Lounge as the topic is not specific to Public Mobile. 

I'm not going to dig into the specifics of this program on whether it acts as a purchase protection program, an extended warranty program, or if there is any deductable, but companies that offer insurance are doing it in a way that it makes them money.

Patrick_R

Will the insurance accept it if I buy from PC Mobile and use on Public Mobile since they dont sell phones?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Patrick_R wrote:

Hi 

Has anyone had any experince with Desjardins Gold Visa cell phone insurance?

Pros

Cons

I have used the purchase insurance from my ScotiaBank Gateway VISA.  You need to keep a good record on your purchases i.e. store receipt and credit card statment showing the purchase using your cc.  I had done two claims on cellphones and one claim on a laptop without problem. 

Since the insurance company wants cc statement shwoing the transaction, buying a subsided phone from provider will be hard to proof that you paid for the phone with your cc.

Need Help? Let's chat.