Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community membership - Time to reform?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Just a casual evening discussion...

This week marks the best week ever in  the history of  PM Community --  in terms of bravos "participation" or the high number of posts started by a single user within 2 hours   With such a good start of the week, I think it is a perfect time for PM to look into enhancing the Community membership experience 

I understand PM needs to make this Community as "open" as possible.  While they position the Community as a place for support, I believe PM would like to see this as a place for presales questions and help to close out "deals".    With that in mind, there is no way they would limit or restrict the "admission" to the Community.

Because of this "Everyone is welcome" approach, "recruiters" see this as a best place to "post' their "$500/week" jobs.  Other Khoros developers see this as a perfect place to test Khoros user experience and perform some serious stress bravos tests.

Do we need them?  Maybe not,   How about setting a 2 level memberships to try to avoid all these from happening?

Basic members are new members who just joined, they cannot post 80+ questions like what we saw on Saturday.   They cannot send 500 private Hello to membership or stress test our bravo system.  Instead they should be limited to maybe 2 questions a day, bravo only only replies of their own threads, no private messages to general members at all but only private message to CS Agents 

Advanced members are members who have a have their phone number verfied and have a linked account with My Account.  These members are pretty much like us now and can do what we are doing now..  Still we can pose some limitations, such as  they cannot start 80+ thread on the same day, a daily bravos of 10 or 20 (the 100 bravos per hour or 500 per days are still WAY too much)

Likely this is just like any Lounge discussion, it won't go anywhere but stays here  🙂

11 REPLIES 11

@Korth 

nope I'm on a 30 day plan and my last reward($2) was consumed on my previous renewal. 

I guess I stole another members reward 🤣

@gpixel 

$4 is a strange allocation. The chart only lists $1, $2, $5, $10, $15.

Is that $4 from two months (at $2 each) out of a legacy 90-day plan cycle?

I was able to achieve a $4 reward. is this part of the new give back program?

Screenshot_20220315-052334.png

@Korth wrote:

Why are people so fixated on Bravos?

Users can collect many hundreds of Bravos and be given a Top 50% Community Reward. Or no Community Reward. It's happened to me.

Users can collect dozens of Bravos and be given a Top 0.5% Community Reward. It's happened to me.

There were changes over time to the rewards formula. More emphasis used to be placed on post count. Now, more emphasis is placed on bravos.

Why are people so fixated on Bravos?

Users can collect many hundreds of Bravos and be given a Top 50% Community Reward. Or no Community Reward. It's happened to me.

Users can collect dozens of Bravos and be given a Top 0.5% Community Reward. It's happened to me.

@softech brought up multiple times. (different community managers)  I will see if I can get it added to our Oracle Connect Agenda that is coming in a couple of weeks.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13   discussed but no action.. i guess it won't happen then?

or just recently discussed and still not a dead idea yet?

There have been issues in the past like this.

@softech the ideas you have mentioned have been brought up to PM before about setting controls on new accounts, like only being to PM CSA until so many posts then it opens up.  Set number of Bravos they can give on any day that sort of thing.  It has all been discussed before.  I would think it is possible to set up many different "user groups" to define levels of privileges within the community.  They have obviously had to set up a User group for Oracles to allow additional community powers to us.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

It has been 2 months now with the new Community platform.

If khoros/PM really can dig down to specific and intelligent logic in their contributions and awards system, we will see what happens.

But, I suspect, there may need to be manual intervention with current state of affairs.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I'll weigh in @softech 

Something's gotta give.   This place has become a melting pot of some nastiness, spurned by a select few users who appear to either wish to covet their superiority or exert some level of 'control' over how it operates.

To be clear, I'm not pointing the above comments to anyone in particular - just an observation.

Still though, there has got to be a better way to ensure the Community stays relevant without it becoming so darn easy to manipulate by those who have the time and energy to do so.

Need Help? Let's chat.