joshmandrusiak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Add friends in community?

11 REPLIES 11

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@barrascuk 

Oh....but that would be borderline gaming.....the system. Then again there has been far worse around here with little or no consequences. It never occurred to me to do that....I read enough posts I don't need to hunt anyone's down. 555999 posts and counting.

Is that you or Simpsons Sears?

@barrascuk 

Oh....but that would be borderline gaming.....the system. Then again there has been far worse around here with little or no consequences. It never occurred to me to do that....I read enough posts I don't need to hunt anyone's down. 555999 posts and counting.

barrascuk

@darlicious 

You click the friend. You see a summary of their last 5 posts and there is an > to see more. 

Then if you want to support your friend then open each summary and do the bravo. Or are you just playing with me like the ice-cream and sprinkles guy? 😀😀

@barrascuk 

The latter half of the sentence doesn't make a lot of sense....🤔

barrascuk

@darlicious 

So when you click a friend then look at the summary of their posts....that is what is use to do bulk bravos, if they are deserved!!

@barrascuk 

Lol almost 18 months later and I still don't know other than you can see your friends even if they employed the Romulan cloaking device and unfriending will block their private messages I think?!! I mostly have friended the members I have trouble finding when I do end of the month stats.

barrascuk

@Korth wrote:

You can see your friends listed in your profile, along with their online/offline status. (There used to be a user setting to choose "visible to everyone", "invisible to everyone", or "invisible to not-friends" when online. But it's gone.)

When you start typing a private message the names of your "friends" are offered first in the autofill, before you type anything. Or at least it used to work that way on desktop browsers.

I think it's just Lithium/Khoros forum features which PM never bothered to fully deactivate. Friend lists do a lot more useful things on other forums.

The Friend and Unfriend buttons are sometimes "hidden" with text colour same as back colour. Always in same spots, you can click if you know where. Or you can cursor-select the whole page to inversely highlight all text.

@Korth 

I was on another site that if you unfriended you could not see their posts when you were logged in, nor could you PM them. I do not know if that was reciprocal though. The other option to use in the Friend is that you can see a summary what posts they have done and can do bravos accordingly. 

barrascuk

@darlicious wrote:

@joshmandrusiak  You can add friends in your profile but what that does beyond that I have no idea.

@darlicious 

I think you do know now....but the other question is what does unfriending do for you???

You can see your friends listed in your profile, along with their online/offline status. (There used to be a user setting to choose "visible to everyone", "invisible to everyone", or "invisible to not-friends" when online. But it's gone.)

When you start typing a private message the names of your "friends" are offered first in the autofill, before you type anything. Or at least it used to work that way on desktop browsers.

I think it's just Lithium/Khoros forum features which PM never bothered to fully deactivate. Friend lists do a lot more useful things on other forums.

The Friend and Unfriend buttons are sometimes "hidden" with text colour same as back colour. Always in same spots, you can click if you know where. Or you can cursor-select the whole page to inversely highlight all text.

@darlicious wrote:

@joshmandrusiak  You can add friends in your profile but what that does beyond that I have no idea.

@darlicious @joshmandrusiak  when you add friends and you go into your profile if there is a green dot by there name it means they are online.  Or that is how it was when I first got here.  It was really just a quick way to see who was online or that is what I found it useful for

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.