cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

China Mobile Canada.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Has anyone ever heard of China Mobile Canada ?

China Mobile is a popular cell carrier in China but it looks like they have Canadian plans. I just found out about it today. 

There was one plan that caught my eye and another plan that may catch someone else's eye. 

This plan looks interesting.... Paring this with a PM 15$ or 10$ plan would be sweet.

Screenshot_20210517-193901_Chrome.jpg

This may appeal to some chineese people that are currently using the PM 15$ plan. 

Screenshot_20210517-193845_Chrome.jpg

Anyways I just found this interesting, I didn't know it even existed. Im guessing the CRTC actually allowed them into Canada, They can even offer a Canadian number. That doesn't sound like roaming to me.

Here's their site: https://www.cmlink.com/ca/en

11 REPLIES 11

EltonB
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@BlueB Yea, Telus gives us 3G or 4gb with LTE and gives to the communist party telecom better deals. No drumrolls pls! 😞

BlueB

Interesting find!  I was curious what mobile network CMLink uses so I did a quick search, and it appears to be... drum roll please... Telus!  😀

"Who is CMLink?
In this Agreement, "CMLink" refers to a trademark being used by China Mobile International (Canada) Limited (“CMI”) and TELUS Communications Inc. (“TELUS”) CMLink is a trade-mark of CMI, and is used by TELUS under license."

https://www.cmlink.com/ca/en/legal/product-terms-and-conditions.pdf

EltonB
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@BearFBI Seems great plans for chinese people. Yes, gov can monitor all 🙄

BearFBI

@stevenantoI think its more common amoung the chineese population.

Makes sense why I've never heard of it either. 

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

wow I have never even heard of this company, might be one big reason to avoid it.

BearFBI

@Anonymous "China Mobile Canada Inc. is a registered Canadian company with a valid wireless license since 2015"

BearFBI

@Anonymous Oh wait, Looks like i didn't 😂

That article must be old or outdated, They can definitely provide cellular service. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearFBI : Did you read the last two paragraphs?

But anyway...tentacles...can't be sayin' no to that government. No sirree bubbah. Or look out.

BearFBI

BearFBI

@Anonymous Good point about privacy. 

I just shared this because to me it was interesting from a CRTC standpoint. The CRTC has doubble standards, They try to prevent dotmobile and other players from gaining MNO acsess yet they give MNO acsess to China Mobile.

Makes no sense. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

And throw what little privacy you have left, out the window. That government is all kinds of trouble for "western" "democratic" societies. Their tentacles reach everywhere. I really feel for the basically powerless people. Must suck to live under an authoritarian regime and not able to do anything about it.

Need Help? Let's chat.