cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charitable Initiatives

govserv1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was wondering what kind of corporate citizen Public Mobile is. Is it involved in the community doing charitable things? The owner Telus might be in charge of this sort of thing. I don't know.

6 REPLIES 6

I don't know if PM does any external charity stuff.

But PM has certainly been quite generous to their customers over the last couple years.

This is a $15 plan with two purchased add-ons ... all of the other items are "random" gifts from PM.

Untitled.png

govserv1

Yes, I've found out that Telus is giving a lot. One area I know that Rogers is generously supporting is Tennis Canada, specifically its sponsorship of the Rogers Cup ATP tennis tournament in Toronto and Montreal every summer.

govserv1

Thanks for the link. Clearly Telus is doing a lot of good in the world.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@govserv1 

I would think that the parent company usually takes all the glory of giving with these kinds of initiatives. 

In my view, Public Mobile gives back every day by providing lower cost mobile service plans to those among us who are struggling most. 

Saying that, they should retain the $15 plan exclusively as a needs-based one for those who cannot afford higher priced ones. 

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I dont believe that PM does however Telus has been giving a lot. I think Bell has donated the most followed by Telus since 2000. Rogers not so much haha. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@govserv1 wrote:

I was wondering what kind of corporate citizen Public Mobile is. Is it involved in the community doing charitable things? The owner Telus might be in charge of this sort of thing. I don't know.

Have a look at Telus:

https://www.telus.com/en/social-impact/giving-back

Need Help? Let's chat.