cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget airline ceasing operations: Lynx Airlines.

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is a short article.

A budget (Flair like) airline is hutting down permanently. Lynx Air on February 26th at 12:01.

Last year, Budget airline Swoop migrated to the WestJet fleet so there is now only Canada JetLines & Flair, it kind of is becoming the 2014 era of when Wind (Freedom) got sold to Shaw, Public Mobile getting sold to TELUS, & Moblicity getting sold to Rogers.

Well, not really, but is kind of like what happened in 2014 & 2015, things shutting down, buyouts, ceasing to exist from trying to reshape that specific industry and failed.

5 REPLIES 5

Sushi_Combo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's a very tough industry to get into with all of the regulatory stuff. I'm glad Flair is still around, shows us that there is a demand for these types of services. 

fixin

@Dunkman - Yes that will suck for the budget airlines, especially Lynx. Yes, so Air Canada & WestJet were getting less passengers due to the prices, now they are lower price ($100-$300.)

@fixin 

Your topic should be fine.  The lounge is open to all topics.  Not necessarily only mobile related.  

As for Lynx, that is too bad.  These discount airlines have forced the big two to lower their prices also.  

fixin

Oops, I thought this 'The Lounge' is supposed to be anything that you don't need help with, just for sharing?

If I cannot post here is what I think the Fine Print is on The Lounge, 'Want to talk about your interests (Anything not related to PM), hobbies (Can / Not be related to PM), or anything that’s not related to phone-stuff? (not related to PM) It’s all here.' 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

haha @fixin , but this is not related with PM at all, you cannot make this a news discussion forum

Need Help? Let's chat.