cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25 refer a friend

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Did anybody notice that lucky has almost for two weeks and until march 31st?

I hope we have it some time soon

I wouldn't even know but I almost made a referral.

Did anybody follow how often they have it compared to us?

8 REPLIES 8

I've had some luck at work. I put a printout of PM's front page and plans on the lunchroom board, pointing interested folks to me. It took a while to get the first bite but a whole bunch joined along shortly afterwards. Referrals still trickle in but as often as not they approach me (because they can't figure out how to DIY and need "the tech guy") while referring each other, lol. It helps that our main job sites are covered by big Telus arrays while Rogers has feeble faraway signal ... most of my refers seem to come from Rogers/Fido/Chatr.

One of the office girls advertises PM plans (along with her PM setup/referral service) at her church, local community centers and job-finding places and emergency shelter - always people who need to get cheap working phone service. She's got a lot of referrals on several accounts now, although I think she's motivated more by the community volunteering stuff.

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JenL Yeah, I just joined PM a couple months ago, and I like popping onto the community boards.  I usually learn a lot about any future issues I might run into, and am hopefully sometimes able to help someone.  I'll have to check the lounge and announcements sections...haven't really been looking there yet.  Anyways, thanks for you help!

JenL

@smiley3 that's awesome! It is good to be apart of a community that helps you save money. No better place to pop in! I was thinking..what hasn't someone asked lol I seem to be favoring the lounge and announcements. It's a more open ended narrative. Well nice chatting. Hope your mom enjoys it when she joins. 

smiley3

Thanks @JenL, but I don't know if I can find that many friends to refer!  Yeah, definitely don't have enough time to be in the top 1%, just trying to pop on every now and then to at least get a buck or two in community rewards!

JenL

@smiley3 the fastest way (I've been told)  to get enough rewards for your bill to be paid, would be to refer friends to sign up. To be in the top 1% takes commitment, investing a lot of time in the community. @mimmo maybe an Oracle could move this thread into rewards. 

smiley3

Interesting, thanks for the info y'all.  My mom is going to switch to PM soon, maybe I should wait and see if any better referral bonuses pop up!  

I dunno it would take over two years for the $1 reward to get to the $25....a lot could happen in that amount of time!

Korth
Mayor / Maire

PM has run special deals before - extra ten or twenty bucks for referrer and/or for referred - in response to competing referral bonuses. But only when the competitor offers look good enough to get people talking.

I'd rather get $1 reward every month indefinitely (for years) vs a $25 one-time bribe. But a lot of people will take immediate payout every time, and a lot of people don't bother to compare options once they see what looks like a good deal.

JenL

@kselmak  when you do refer someone you should be able to see the reward and the last 4 digits of the number you referred. There's no comparison for me. 

Need Help? Let's chat.