cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage update

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

is the data usage updated daily or live?

I like too peak in my usage area.

13 REPLIES 13

To see your true current usage, you need to turn your data off or enable airplane mode on your phone, then login, or reload the overview page. It will be instant. And if you logged in before turning off data/turning onn airplane mode, you will see usage drop by up to 5MB immediately after refreshing.

Turning off data/enabling airplane mode "logs off" your data "session" , allowing the true usage to commit. Reconnecting immediately adds a 5MB "buffer" as others have already noted, until you use more than 5MB in the session.

dboxtvinfo715

Heart

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

Data usage is updated in the self serve account within a few seconds (maybe even less) of using it.

I just purposely wasted about half a gigabyte running speedtest.net. I ran the test twice. Both times, I took note of the amount of date reported in the self serve account. Both times after running thes test, the number updated as soon as I pressed the refresh button. The counter being updated is done as instantly as it can realisticly be. This has always been my experience with the data counter since I've been a customer.  The use of a relatively large amount of data at once helps to show that.

It's essentially in real-time.

with

@computergeek541 

My opinion has been that the online data usage updates for PM is virtually instant.

Online TELUS data useage used to apparently run several hours behind, I think it said it could be up to 6 hours behind.

AE_Collector

dboxtvinfo715

every 4 hours but hopefully not 24 hours

dboxtvinfo715

I have to see it 

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

Data usage is updated in the self serve account within a few seconds (maybe even less) of using it.

I just purposely wasted about half a gigabyte running speedtest.net. I ran the test twice. Both times, I took note of the amount of date reported in the self serve account. Both times after running thes test, the number updated as soon as I pressed the refresh button. The counter being updated is done as instantly as it can realisticly be. This has always been my experience with the data counter since I've been a customer.  The use of a relatively large amount of data at once helps to show that.

It's essentially in real-time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@totalUser wrote:

It updates pretty frequently actually, but definitely not live

I think the overview counter is pretty live with taking that 5MB buffer. Then with more usage it takes more 5MB chunks. Keep hitting refresh. The usage details is not live.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Se your phone data tracker to match your last renewal day, it sited be pretty close to what you'll get in selfserve

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715  Definitely not live there is a delay.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

It updates pretty frequently actually, but definitely not live

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

From personal experience and what I read in forums, it's not live but it gets updated a few times daily.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dboxtvinfo715 

I think the usage is live on the usage line on the overview page after login.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Yes, just log into self serve. Data used for the month is shown right on the main page.

AE_Collector

44C94775-5E33-4D69-B147-5A06EA3A7E21.jpeg 

Need Help? Let's chat.