cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Daughter is in Quebec and she is unable to call Ontario - Need help ASAP

shyama24x7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi!

What should I do to make my daughter's phone plan accept her calling Ontario? She is temporarily in Quebec for 6 weeks summer job and she is not able to call me or anyone within Quebec using her phone and she is stuck.  We are new clients of Public Mobile, and not able to call customer service to seek help is highly frustrating. I hope someone gets back to us asap and help us resolve this problem as quickly as possible. Thanks.

S.

6 REPLIES 6

shyama24x7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I just purchased the 400 min canada wide "add-on" and hopefully she should be able to call within QC as well as Ontario. She is at work right now and said would call to check later to see if it works. If she has wi-fi, then ofcourse she can use skype or watsapp..... thanks for your timely response.

guinness22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
shariz can you check I sent you private message as port stuck with freedom and my freedom account expires tonight . Ben

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Calling Quebec while in Quebec should be possible even with an Ontario number and province wide calling plan.  However, long distance add-on is needed to receive calls when outside of the home province.  Using VoIP apps is a potential solution if you don't want to spend money on add-on.

guinness22
Maybe better to get Canada wide plans if she there 6 weeks 47 dollars a month

guinness22
Buy add on plan 15 dollars 400 minutes

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

What calling plan does she have:

• Provincial
  • Canada Wide

If she has provincal calling, she will need to buy a long distance add on, so she can call you. If you call her she should be able to receive calls so you could always call her if need be

If she has Canada-Wide, then calling should not be an issue

Edit: If she is unable to call anyone, then perhaps something went wrong in the port process if a port was requested fairly recently. Does she have access to text messages and data?

Need Help? Let's chat.