cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Fraud or cloned SIM?

Agree with everyone condolences on your long wait. Hopefully the mods will be able to sort out this issue for you soon.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Upate:

Day 20 (April 15) -no changes. Mods are replying that it`s still work in progress.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pavellyzhin Honestly I'm getting frustrated here on your behalf... Just follow the advice and get a new SIM already. Even order it online and wait a couple of days to get it before this turns into a month long ordeal. 

Hopefully they will close up their fraud investigation by the end of the year and you will have your answer, but I think the time to be proactive is long overdue. Who knows what else the "hacker" is doing with your number at this point. I'm sure they won't keep paying your bill and keeping the number active if they no longer have a use for it. 

Highlighted

The third mod is working on my case Smiley Frustrated

Yesterday I asked if it was safe to replace my sim card with a new one. Still waiting for a reply.

Will see how it works. I decide to wait until the end of this week and then port my number out.

@pavellyzhinif you're still accessing this forum my recommendation is to keep your Public Mobile account active by replacing your SIM and regaining access to your phone ASAP.

The reason I say this is because if there is identity theft going on here by re-gaining access to your phone you will get a better uderstanding of what they were up to by monitoring incomming messages on your phone.

For example they were trying to open up new accounts, setting up two step authentication etc .....

Hopefully that is not the case but if I were you I would be planning for the worse case scenario. 

Hope this helps and good luck.

Highlighted

The third mod did her job. In less than 24 hours she closed my old account and opened a new one with a new SIM card. She ported my number to a new account and one month credit was given to me to cover the cost of a new sim card and lost services from prepaid month before. Not sure if I get loyalties and refer a friend monthly rewards back (she will contact me in a week) but at least I got access to my phone number! 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@pavellyzhin 

Great news. What an ordeal you and ekung have been having. Let's hope he's getting resolved on this too.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pavellyzhin wrote:

The third mod did her job. In less than 24 hours she closed my old account and opened a new one with a new SIM card. She ported my number to a new account and one month credit was given to me to cover the cost of a new sim card and lost services from prepaid month before. Not sure if I get loyalties and refer a friend monthly rewards back (she will contact me in a week) but at least I got access to my phone number! 

Holy macaroni, finally something.

Have they explained what happened?

Why they couldn't do this earlier or why they couldn't instruct you on what you could have done earlier? 

Something to get the subscriber up and running sooner than three weeks.  

Anyway, I'm sooooo glad you've got your number and account back. 

Highlighted

No, nothing was explained. Just standard phrases and standard apologies in a very polite way. Really, I do not expect they would tell me what happened.

@Pizzaeh wrote:

Why they couldn't do this earlier or why they couldn't instruct you on what you could have done earlier? 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pavellyzhin wrote:

No, nothing was explained. Just standard phrases and standard apologies in a very polite way. Really, I do not expect they would tell me what happened.

@Pizzaeh wrote:

I hear you; in a way, I also don't expect them to give out the details if it was something more than trying different pw's like in @ekung's case.  For security and privacy reasons.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@pavellyzhin wrote:

@pavellyzhin Good news. Thanks for letting us know.