cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When I am active in the community I get a lot of email notifications about new comments which is absolutely fine as I want this.

But as soon as a member edits the comment another notification is sent out. This means the next morning I wake up to a lot of notifications in my email account. Like this morning. Last night I posted something and from the 2 members who commented I got 5 notifications because the members edited their comments more than once.

correct.PNG

This has been happening since the beginning and on some active days I had like 50 emails in notifications.

I know there is a way to stop notifications for edited comments.

Please consider this.

6 Comments
will13am
Oracle
Oracle
Go into your profile, in email settings there is a check box to block email notifications.
Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
But he wants it just for edited comments
ute1978

@Rockdaddy22exactly.

WearySky

Yeah, I noticed this too.  Super annoying.  

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I totally agree with this.  From the other end, I have a tendency to edit my posts and I don't like the thought that I'm unnecessarily peppering people's inboxes with mail.  There is often that one thing that we may notice after we hit "post" that we'd like to fix.  Having the system set up to generate so many notifications puts a damper on the urge to edit, maybe to the point of leaving a sub-optimal post as is.  Or it makes us take longer than necessary to post something in order to double and triple check everything, including grammar, style and content.  It's just not necessary to have every edit mailed out.  Chances are, people will come back to read the thread when there are other replies anyway.  Perhaps there could be a button to allow the person editing their post to choose whether they'd like their new version to be re-sent by notification (a button that would be "off" by default).

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I don't subscribe to this batch of emails, however I get multiple notifications when someone has mentioned me in a post, and then edits it.  So, it's essentially the same.

If the emails were to be marked in some fashion with an PM-EDITED tag (comment or body of message), I could set up a rule to automatically trash or archive the email in my inbox.

Need Help? Let's chat.