cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
outdoorsaddix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Now that US Roaming is live and prices are out I have a suggestion. 

The prices are amazing for  multi day trips, but when looking at what the options are if you just want to hop over to the US for a day trip Roam Mobility still wins with $4.95 for talk, text and 500MB of data.

So  how about a single day pack? It can be considerably more expensive than the "per day" rate of the 10 day packs, and maybe even a little more expensive than Roam because you get to keep your number and have the convenience of not switching SIMs. 

I would probably be willing to pay $6.00 or maybe even $7.00 for a single day pass with unlimited talk and text and 250MB of data. Or maybe even drop the text and just data and talk for $5 or so? Most of us can use iMessage/Whatsapp to handle our text needs for a day. It would be a lot better than dropping $8 for just talk or $10 for just data that is valid for 10 days on a 1 day trip. 

8 Comments
ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is a good idea. I think a lot more people would make use the single day passes for trips < 3 days long. Those who do single day shopping trips would benefit the most.

I would have no problem paying $5 for a day pass even if it was 100 minutes talk, 100 texts, and 100MB data.

But still, the $8 talk only is still pretty good. I just need to find wifi if I need data.

outdoorsaddix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ckl Yup, as a person who love hoping the border for the day when I am in a border city I think I will just have to stick with Roam for those occaisons but would totally do $5 for even a 100/100/100 plan just for the convenience.  

The issue for me and why I can't just get an $8 talk only plan is because my phone is my GPS and apps like waze will not function without a data connection. 

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I think that PM should do this

Data Add-Ons the Canada-Wide, Turn it into US as well, NO Expiry, and TK and TXT, 10 Day, BUT ONLY DEDUCT when crossing Border, and have 30 Days to use B4 it EXPIRES, Giving U 30 Days to use the Add-On Roam 10 day as seen fit, that way, no waste

Status changed to: Not at this time
Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @outdoorsaddix and those that Bravo'd this idea, 

Thanks for this suggestion! Check out this THIS IDEA to learn more about why we aren't offering single day U.S. Roaming Add-Ons at this time. 

-Public Mobile Community team

Status changed to: Not at this time
Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @outdoorsaddix and those that Bravo'd this idea, 

Thanks for this suggestion! Check out this THIS IDEA to learn more about why we aren't offering single day U.S. Roaming Add-Ons at this time. 

-Public Mobile Community team

Status changed to: Brand new
David_J
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Status changed to: Brand new
David_J
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

sthottam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi community

Public mobiles US roaming option is best compare to other providers. But I am hoping public mobile will bring pay per use option for US roaming, it is convenient for one day trip travellers. It's like canada and us long distance add on, with out expiry. We can hope public will discuss with its us roaming partners.

Need Help? Let's chat.