cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I think PM should consider having the ability to allow PM Clients to SEND & RECEIVE Txts in the Self-Serve Portal IF Phone is DEAD, STOLEN, similar to using a PC to send and receive Txts, to bring services UP TO 21ST Century Standards

CERTAIN Frills maybe Necessary, especially when emergencies arise

5 Comments
mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

why not just use email instead of sms?  and if you need to send an sms to someone most provides do have email to sms service.

• Rogers Wireless: [10-digit phone number]@pcs.rogers.com
  • Fido: [10-digit phone number]@fido.ca
  • Telus: [10-digit phone number]@msg.telus.com
  • Bell Mobility: [10-digit phone number]@txt.bell.ca
  • Kudo Mobile: [10-digit phone number]@msg.koodomobile.com
  • MTS: [10-digit phone number]@text.mtsmobility.com
  • President’s Choice: [10-digit phone number]@txt.bell.ca
  • Sasktel: [10-digit phone number]@sms.sasktel.com
  • Solo: [10-digit phone number]@txt.bell.ca
  • Virgin: [10-digit phone number]@vmobile.ca

PM use telus format

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

What IF one doesn't have Data necessarily and they are about.

Plus, CAN someone respond back to person who emailed the Text? Just Curious

mimmo

@makkahn28, yes people should be able to do sms to  email by  putting in an email address instead of a number

I am just trying to understand when this type of service would be used or how it would work.  do other provides offer a similar service?  Should it be expected from the low cost/no frills  cell company?  how often would a servce like this be used?

PM would need to store all your SMS so that you could receive them when your phone is lost or stolen

they would need to have all your contacts else how will you know where to send the SMS (I don;t even know my wifes number)

you could easly charge your phone if it is dead.  or buy a new sim card if it is stolen 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle
+1 @mimmo. SMS is a 20th century thing that ought to have remain there in my humble opinion.
srlawren

@makkahn28 "What IF one doesn't have Data necessarily and they are about." -- then they wouldn't have access to the self-serve portal, either.  So, having self-serve in SMS would not help in this situation either.  Just sayin'.

Need Help? Let's chat.