cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Since some ppl aren't 100% happy, and I read ppl offering to take A/C off their hands, especially the recent Promo, though the rules don't specify, Should PM have Crystal clear rules in place, if this is even permitted or not, one thing for Spare Sims Perhaps, but assuming ppl's account if that person is unsatisfied, especially if it's a Promo, just to be fair, and ensure ppl play fairly and no unsanctioned poaching of A/C is permitted, BUT if PM is ok, shouldn't PM clarify what is Actually permitted, and what is an absolute No No

3 Comments
canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Since it is a prepaid service no credit checks or transfer of ownership required by carrier I really don't see why it is such a big deal if they just want to move on and don't need to keep PM number so be it?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

People take over other peoples contracts all the time, I recall once seeing a website that had people offering their contracts or wanting to buy a contract.  So no it should not be an issue to take over someones account.

the issue comes with changing the email address of the account (mods need to do that). If PM says we don't change account email addresses,  that could answer the whole question. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

PM subscribers can change their phone number - to whatever's available in the pool of unassigned numbers - pretty much any time they like.  I don't see any issue with taking over an account then changing the number.  I think if the buyer or sell has issue with this then it's the buyer's and seller's responsibility to assure the number is changed.

PM doesn't do any background checks at all.  Not even sure if you need to submit a real name or anything, and you can pre-pay through cash (the only truly anonymous payment option left) - only a physical address needs to be provided so a PM SIM card can be mailed out, and it doesn't need to be one linked to your identity.  What I'm saying is that there's no way PM can even know with real certainty who has a PM account or if/when a PM account transfers between users.

Need Help? Let's chat.