cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. Here's something I truly wish Public Mobile can eventually reconsider: Reviving the Siren Music App, but Better, Improved, Ready for the Nxt-Gen of Clientele who would enjoy listening to the hottest tunes.

Also, Public Mobile should also reconsider remaking an PM App for our handsets, a Quick and seamless self-serve app to enable PM consumers to have access to their A/C 24/7. To Top Up, Renew Plans, Pay Voucers, something to enhance the user experience

13 Comments
makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Also, If Public Mobile does make a PM App for our phones to download from Appstore, interface should be more straightforward, clean cut, crisp, easy to read, understand, so that ppl can have a couple of ways to access PM, Browser from phone, PM Self Serve App, PC

The options PM give can go along way, and perhaps put out the firestorm ppl have been saying so far. 

This should definitely be the first step towards easing process

Plus, just in case PM does do so, and hopefully it will happen, If PM were to add additional services, like access to the SMS Premium messaging short code services, subscription stuff, 411, example, and it requires ppl to fill the wallet so as to use the special services, have a separate wallet designed for that service, how much was deposited. how much was used, how much remaining, alert when approaching insufficient funds stage, etc. I hope PM will eventually try to do something, so that ppl who use these for all sorts of things, like promos on free or half price movie tickets, or free beverages and food, clothing, diapers, providing the tools ppl use to save while shopping and maybe more. 411 may also be a must, sometimes, as ppl may want to find #'s to places and other, where sometimes internet maynot always provide, at times. These tools can certainly be an equally important tool in PM's arsenal of services and features that I'm sure ppl would say, Thank you PM, you have given us a brighter future

Plus, if PM were to introduce these services, design the self serve where PM clients have to choose this service, even if we have to pay a small fee, like $5, and agreeing to all the legal stuff, our responsibilities, tou/tos, posting an info on how it works, saying that unless one registers their Cell # to that particular service, and sufficient $$$ is available, and agreeing to terms, that service would not be available unless all criterias have been met. Plus, designing it where if we have insufficient funds, service will automatically be suspended, similar to how PM set up the Prepaid Plan renewal cycle.

CET_GUY27
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I have no idea exactly what siren is, but I think there is enough choice in big music apps out there that this was probably struggling service. I would absolutely want a PM app for my phone. If it were available for Android and iOS, that would be preferred. If an app is not an option, at least ensure the self serve website has a mobile interface (I've not used it yet... Awaiting my sim, but i have noticed some of the community pages are not optimized for mobile)
Martin
Legend
Legend
Good morning, Siren was PM's free app for downloading unlimited music, free of change. Ig you are looking for an alternative, go to the Google Play store to download TuneIn. It has a worldwide reach of different stations, with a variety of genres, from music to talk radio, and everything in-between.
Martin
Legend
Legend
CET_GUY27, I don't know which phone you're using, but mine is a Moto G (1st Gen.) I have yet to encounter any page which is unsuitable for mobile viewing. It may have to do with my settings. I have text defaulted to 125% magnification. Plus, I enabled a setting that overrides pages that do not wish to be magnified.
David

The main appeal with Siren was that you could listen to it all day long since some plans had unlimited data in the old G-band Public Mobile days.

Having Siren right now wouldn't be much of an upside as unlimited data has long been gone and streaming via Siren (or any other streaming app) would eat up your allowance in no time flat.

Martin
Legend
Legend
David, To add to what you posted, there is always Wi-Fi, if one has it. I watch YouTube on Wi-Fi. I also just experimented with TuneIn Radio. I disabled mobile data, enabled Wi-Fi, and was able to listen to NPR in the states.
David

@Martin 

Of course 🙂  WiFi where available always works.  On the road (for example), however, it's not feasible.  But let's be honest here...  With previous Public limited coverage, Siren while in the car was hardly an option anyway, hehehe.

In Sherbrooke, there is city-wide WiFi called ZAP (Zone d'Accès Public - Public Access Zone).  It has a captive portal (means that any webpage you try to open before logging in will take you to the login page).  Once you've logged on, however, you can hop from hotspot to hotspot seamlessly.  It covers the core of the city as well as some parts of the outskirts.  Works pretty well! 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend
David, Sherbrooke has an admirable Wi-Fi policy. I'm looking forward to the day that it comes to mid- to large cities in Ontario. Is ZAP made possible by commercial advertising?
David

@Martin 

Yes, actually.  Store owners/exploitants are encouraged to make their Internet connection available to ZAP users.  The city provides the IT resources for setting it up and they do provide the routers used as hotspots.  In exchange for this, they get free advestising on the ZAP website as well as on the login portal page (when you log in nearest to them).

I believe they also get a small municipal tax break because of this, but not 100% on this one.

It's really nifty!  And a bit understandable too since Sherbrooke has a HUGE student population with both Bishop's and Sherbrooke universities.

Martin
Legend
Legend
David, Thanks for explaining that. Where I live I'm restricted to just a few outlets. 😞
Need Help? Let's chat.