cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Thinking it would be great if in the future sometime, PM would consider something like DATA only plans attached to a rocket stick or something like that, to use for laptops on the go for example.

Unsure if or how this falls within PMs business model, especially since hardware is not their thing, but would be another way to provide the quality PM service for a different segment of hte market.

23 Comments
kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Its a good idea (I even suggested it too) but

With prices on other carriers so cheap right now, there is no incentive whatsoever to do this

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Possible incentive could be attracting new customers for phones as well.  I know i wouldn't mind having all my services with one provider.

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You might be better off with Fido Tablet Plans, that was my plan B before I got a ton of referrals on PM.

Up to 3Gb of data for 15 bucks..

JL.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

I thought about that, but im looking for something for a laptop to use on the train, tablet isnt conducive to working on the r un.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@CaNuCk07 oh I thought tablet SIMs also

You are trying to get like those Telus Hub plans on Public?

($60 for 50GB or $75 for 250GB or $110 for 500GB)?

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

yea but maybe not even that large, Freedom has 10GB for $40/ month.

I know i could very well go to freedom which is fine, just for that data plan, cell phone wise though can't beat PM.  Was just a thought that might be beneficial to look at.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Current price of 90 day plan with 12 GB of data only is $50.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I had made that Suggestion from the Beginning

The thing:

If U have a Phone that can Tether, the point is Moot

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

I'm already on the promotion deal which i love for my phone needs!

But everyday if i were to tether my phone to my laptop for ~50 mins each day i would very quickly run out of data.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Just saying, Plus if U were doing Light Work, Data can last quite long

I have 6 GB of Data on 90 Days, I can make it last quite well, and going over, I have additional Six 1GB Add-On Data, and 200 MB Add-On as well

Need Help? Let's chat.