cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The ability for a MOD or employee to add a refer a friend to an account where it existed before but for account fixing situations, a new account was needed. 

This may not happen too often but in my case, I set up my account first with a temporary number. After about a week everything seemed to be working so I ported my wife and completed refer a friend (i.e. myself). Everything was working well until I attempted to port my old Rogers number & after several errors, I suspect auto-fill was kind enough to enter the wrong porting number. To cut to the chase, in order to resolve the situation, a fine PM MOD was able to save that number, port the one I wanted but it meant creating a new account for myself which as it turned out didn`t have the refer a friend (as I didn`t think if it & probably wouldn`t have worked as she was now already a customer).  A while later I realized I was no longer getting the refer a friend rewards but apparently it is not technically possible to add this later - even by employee or mods.    

6 Comments
stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

That’s right.  No addition if not completed at time of activation.  In your case, it was successful, however whatever the porting issue was, that made your account unusable for some reason, and you lost the referral.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@sbreakin been there done that

There is no way for a mod to re-add the referal credits to an account

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
Work in progress to allow mods to manually add referral credit. No ETA at this time.
srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@NDesai that's great news! long awaited.
will13am
Oracle
Oracle

For now, message the moderator team for an adjustment, until the system is updated to allow retroactive referral additions.

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for the feedback.  Glad to see that this might be something they could change.

In short, the idea was for MODS to be able to add a 'refer a friend' to an existing account for an existing friend where there is a system issue related to the loss of referral.

In my case, a port I did later wound up needing the MOD to create a new account for me, thus losing the referral (& a slightly earlier loyalty date but not a big deal).  Mod was kind enough to offer a credit as the referral couldn't be added (retroactively so to speak).

I have seen a few other thread where someone lost a referral and seem fair if it was a technical issue then to have PM add it later (vs someone letting their account lapse or own cause).

Need Help? Let's chat.