cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No text with Plan

kgavin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please someone help me I just purchased a plan but it didn't add the text component. That is the one thing I needed the most. Everytime I try to change it. It tries to charge me another 55 dollars. So I tried to do it as an add on and it took 8 dollars for 10 days but didn't add the text. Can anyone help me to fix this issue. 

5 REPLIES 5

Susanbilly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Contact one of the moderators. They are very helpful.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will need to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, giving them your  phone number and  4 digit PIN,  Account email address, Detailed explanation of specific your issue them can help you a lot nice service Heart

good luck 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kgavin hopefully you have already followed what @stonechucker and @ShawnC13 have said and contacted the moderator team. 

To add some context to your situation:  only the moderators can change your plan immediately without incurring the cost of another 30/90 days.  Basically when you do it yourself in self-serve, you are forfeitting what's left on your current 30/90 days and starting a brand new cycle, which just like any other 30/90 day cycle, you must pre-pay.  That's why it was prompting you for a $55 top-up.  You did the right thing in stopping and not going forward.  It does give you another option which is to schedule the plan change for your next renewal date.  If the change wasn't urgent (your is, unfortunately), you could do that and it wouldn't cost you anything, as the plan change wouldn't happen until the start of your next 30/90 day cycle; but to do it immediately without that cost, the moderators are your best bet.

The $8 texting add-on you purchased was a US Roaming add-on.  That particular one allows you to send and received text while physically in the USA, and has no effect on your ability to text while in Canada.  Public Mobile unfortunately does not offer an add-on text feature for texting while in Canada; it must be part of your plan.  You should mention the add-on in your private message exchange with the moderators and ask if they can remove it and refund you the cost as account credit (which would show up in your Available Funds amount in your self-serve account).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@kgavin, as stated you will need to message a mod. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.
In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number
  • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    • account number 
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
  • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@kgavin, You've totally posted to the wrong thread, but I'll help you as much as I can.

You will need to send a private message to the @CS_Agent, giving them your phone number and tell them about your specific issue.  You can click on the envelope icon near the top righgt corner to send a private message (it's your inbox also)

Everything you have said is correct.. because you didn't select texting when setting up your plan, you either must pay for a full renewal, or as I'm suggesting now, ask for assistance from the Moderator team.

They will be able to help you.  

Need Help? Let's chat.