cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do add on cancel what you have on your plan?

so I have a $10 plan, 50 talk/50 text.  Used 1 minute of the talk plan, purchased a 200 minute add on but my account only says 200 minutes.  Did I lose the 50 minutes from the original plan?  And next month when my plan renews if I still have 100 mintues will I not get my 50 minutes from my plan?  Hope that makes sense.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Do add on cancel what you have on your plan?


@tracy1971 wrote:

so I have a $10 plan, 50 talk/50 text.  Used 1 minute of the talk plan, purchased a 200 minute add on but my account only says 200 minutes.  Did I lose the 50 minutes from the original plan?  And next month when my plan renews if I still have 100 mintues will I not get my 50 minutes from my plan?  Hope that makes sense.


@tracy1971The 50 minutes reset each renrewal (30 days)

The 200 minutes lasts for ever until you use them

 

Plan minutes vs add-on minutes. 2 different things.

 

The 50 minutes gets used first if you call in province. EDIT CANADA WIDE

The 200 minutes only get dipped into if you use more than 50 in province EDIT CANADA WIDE, or you call long distance.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Do add on cancel what you have on your plan?

Well not quite @RobertQc.

The $10 plan is Canada-wide. The 200 minutes will get used when the 50 minutes are finished or if calling the US.

 @tracy1971: If you don't see the 50 minutes down below in the add-on area then you've used them up. The 200 minutes don't over-run the 50 minutes. You should see both line items.

And it's 50 minutes total in and out. Not 100 together.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Do add on cancel what you have on your plan?


@z10user4 wrote:

Well not quite @RobertQc.

The $10 plan is Canada-wide. The 200 minutes will get used when the 50 minutes are finished or if calling the US.

 @tracy1971: If you don't see the 50 minutes down below in the add-on area then you've used them up. The 200 minutes don't over-run the 50 minutes. You should see both line items.

And it's 50 minutes total in and out. Not 100 together.


@z10user4Haha right, I keep forgetting the $10 is canada-wide. I swear I have made that mistake 3 times now! Good eye.

 

@NDesaiThis is what I get for not making a macro / copy+paste for this somewhat common question and typing it by hand each time.

Oracle

Re: Do add on cancel what you have on your plan?


@RobertQc wrote: 

@NDesaiThis is what I get for not making a macro / copy+paste for this somewhat common question and typing it by hand each time.


You can always take your time and read over/spellcheck what you're posting before hitting the Post button. 


I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Do add on cancel what you have on your plan?


@NDesai wrote:

@RobertQc wrote: 

@NDesaiThis is what I get for not making a macro / copy+paste for this somewhat common question and typing it by hand each time.


You can always take your time and read over/spellcheck what you're posting before hitting the Post button. 


@NDesaiI get what you're saying but I could have read over that 1000 times. It looked right to me. It was not like I hit the wrong key or said than vs then. That was what was in my head. I do not have the $10 plan, until someone corrects me or I read it in my document thats how it is. Most of my memory is based on logic. Logic says $10 plan is the cheapest plan there is, therefore it has the worst possible basic cell phone features, but one feature is good, provincial has been upgraded to Canada-wide. So the logic doesn't work in that case. I forget that part. All the time. I need to create a memory of that variation or just "write it down Smiley Wink"

Oracle

Re: Do add on cancel what you have on your plan?

@RobertQc why not post your answers in a single thread/ post  (or each question/answer had is own reply in said thread) it could be: Robertqc's answers to common questions. 

 

It could provide a wealth of information for some new and older users.  You and others could just link the post as/when needed. Who knows maybe one of the higher ups could sticky if it seemed to help. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Do add on cancel what you have on your plan?

thanks, I just checked my account and I can see the difference now.  

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Do add on cancel what you have on your plan?

hanks, I just checked my account and I can see the difference now.  

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Do add on cancel what you have on your plan?

hanks, I just checked my account and I can see the difference now.