cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to new phone with existing plan?

rolandm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello! 

What are the exact steps to upgrading to a new phone? I already have a working account here and my new Samsung will work on the network....

6 REPLIES 6

esaad86

Also, if you are going from Android to Android, try to backup everything to your Google account (contacts, calendar, photos, etc...) Also, apps like WhatsApp and others should be able to backup as well. You can use SMS backup and restore to backup your messages to Google drive as well. This way when you login to Google on your new phone, all your information will transfer with you.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@rolandm Public Mobile doesn't care about phone used. You're allowed to use any compatible phone.

rolandm

Ok thanks!

rolandm

Thanks!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@rolandm Turn off your old phone - take out Sim from the old phone - insert the sim into a new phone - turn on your new phone. Check if you have signal bar. You can also enable data for a little bit and open some browser page to test if data is working.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@rolandm hi it should just be a matter of putting your public sim from your old phone into the new phone have a great day!

@rolandm wrote:

Hello! 

What are the exact steps to upgrading to a new phone? I already have a working account here and my new Samsung will work on the network....

Need Help? Let's chat.