cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone stopped being able to text, call or use data

BforBrian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Phone is a Samsung S7 (SM-G930V)

I've been with PM for coming up on 2 months in 5 days now and so far it's been great. But today my phone asked me if I wanted to switch to "Global". I tapped cancel and everything stopped working... I am no longer able to text, call or use my data. I tried going in to the Mobile Network settings and changed between Global, LTE/CDMA and LTE/GSM/UMTS. Some times I will get a bar or 2 on my signal when on the third one, but still can't text. I've also checked Network Operators and that didn't do anything either.

I should also add that this phone is from the US, and was previously locked to Verizon. But it was working fine before and randomly stopped, so it should be fixable.

8 REPLIES 8

CherylKirby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had a similar situation last year when I was with a different provider, I got a Text that Read      " Are you excited about Global?" When I clicked on it my phone died!  (I could have too since my daughter was in labour!). I called Samsung (I also use an S7) and I had to back up then re-set my phone, it was some trojan virus. The provider I was with automatically stated it was the phone before I had finished my explanation. Hope it gets cleared quickly!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wmleung APN only affects data (and MMS messaging, which is delivered via data); since @BforBrian is having problems with talk and text also, APN is not the cause.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

BforBrian

Yeah the APN settings were fine. That was one of the first things I checked. It is working maybe 10% of the time and I can hardly get a signal.

wmleung

Have you checked your APN settings?

I suspect that the APN settings been switched or wiped during then

Take a look anyway.

Good luck.

BforBrian

I'm not able to find anything to do that, no.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Samsung has got to be one of the worst phones for acting like a DVD player with region coding.  LTE/GSM/UMTS should be the correct setting.  Is there any network reset function?  

BforBrian

It worked long enough to send a text that was trying to resend, then instantly stopped working again.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @BforBrian

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

We're sorry for the trouble but can you please send us a private message along with your phone#  and PIN# for assistance. Here is the link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Thank you! 

Need Help? Let's chat.