cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT RECEIVING CALLS OR TEXTS

llama88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For the past few days, I haven't been receiving calls or texts - I didn't know this until I called my voicemail to find dozens of recordings for important appointments which were missed because my phone didn't ring. It was on loud, fully charged and right next to me for the past few days.

As soon as I called the company back, suddenly I received multiple text messages all at once from the past few days.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever experienced with a telco, why did this happen? This issue has cost me time and money from missing an appointment, I am mortified that this happened with Public Mobile.

Also the submit ticket page is not working: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/form/

7 REPLIES 7

@llama88 

This should not have happened. Keep at eye on your phone over the next few days.

It would be interesting to see if it will happen again.

If you need to contact Moderators, use SIMon chatbot to submit a ticket to Moderators

1. Click the green "?" on the lower right of this page

2. Type "Contact moderator"

3. Click "Account-specific question"

4. Click "No, I want a human"

5. Click "Submit a ticket"

6. Login if your username/password are not filled in.

7. Click the drop down menu (in the white area).

8. Pick the topic that fits your issue and follow the directions to submit it.

9. If none of the topics are correct click Other/Something Else until you reach the blank form.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

llama88

@LovesToPM appreciate the suggestion, but isn't that crazy that you have to do that?

I live in Vancouver BC, a well-populated area and I am paying over $35 a month for Public Mobile services and would expect to at least be able to receive calls and texts while I am paying for these services.

This should serve as a warning to any potential new customers looking to join, that you may suddenly stop receiving calls and texts and not be made aware until it's too late.

@llama88 

Besides restarting your phone periodically, there is only one other suggestion I can offer.

I can be paranoid about my services: voip, cell and mobile data. So if they've been quiet for an extended period, I will text and call myself from another line to make sure all is well.

llama88

@LovesToPM thanks for the reply.

My phone has been next to me all morning, I did check that it was not on silent, the volume was loud and that it did say "Public Mobile" in the top-left. Also connected to wifi. I am using an iPhone 6S, and have not turned on airplane mode in a long time.

I am close to a tower and usually have strong signal bars.

The timing of this couldn't have been any worse for me, but I can imagine much worse potential scenarios for other customers and want to make sure this will not happen again. Is this preventable? Or is this just a symptom of being with a "self-serve service provider"?

@llama88 

Unfortunately it looks like you were not connected to Public Mobile network/Telus tower.

When you are connected to the cell network, the top corner of your phone will usually display the network name "Public Mobile". If the top left corner of your phone says "emergency calls only", your phone is not connected to PM network.

Sometimes putting your phone in airplane, then disabling it again, will reset the connection.
Restarting your phone can also fix it.
In your case, it looks like by initiating a phone call, you restablished the connection to the network.

May I ask what phone model you are using?
Is the network signal strong or weak in your area?

You can check online to see which cell towers are nearby.

llama88

@ChuckYeah appreciate the reply, but how would I have known on Saturday? My appointment was this morning, so I was expecting a phone call this morning.

It wasn't until an hour after the appointment should have started that I called them directly and then recieved all previous voicemails and text messages. That's like saying "if you could see into the future, you could have avoided this".

Also, a "stuck port". Are you serious? So it's normal for a cell phone to just stop receiving calls and texts and require human intervention? I've NEVER had this happen with any other company, it's ridiculous and has cost me time and money today.

"Self serve service provider" - why couldn't I clear the port myself? How self-serve is this service?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@llama88 @it  sounds like you had a stuck port and it required human intervention.

I'm not saying it's cool, but someone actually helped you get your service.

If you had sent a ticket to @CS_Agent Saturday, you may have been up sooner. 

It's unfortunate, but these things happen with a self serve service provider!

Need Help? Let's chat.