cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to a new phone

Kara2816
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

Wondering if I could get any help to the right process here. 

I purchased a new phone over the weekend, since the phone I have my current account broke. Im wondering what I need to do to keep my current phone number, plan and rewards. 

I cant seem to find anywhere to do it online. 

Note, Im changing from a Samsung s5 Neo to a LG G7 

I also have a new sim card on hand if needed. 

3 REPLIES 3

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Kara2816 wrote:

Hi

Wondering if I could get any help to the right process here. 

I purchased a new phone over the weekend, since the phone I have my current account broke. Im wondering what I need to do to keep my current phone number, plan and rewards. 

I cant seem to find anywhere to do it online. 

Note, Im changing from a Samsung s5 Neo to a LG G7 

I also have a new sim card on hand if needed. 

Hi @Kara2816 

Samsung Galaxy S5 uses a Micro sized SIM Card.

LG G7 uses a Nano size SIM card.

Public Mobile sim card comes in tri-punch sizes

Public_Mobile_-_Knowledge_Base_Articles_Overhaul_DESIGN-Image-1_C_Aug7

So you can use the same sim card by just cutting it to size.  I used a pair of scissors to cut mine.

Reboot.

I hope this helps

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Kara2816 

If there is no difference in the SIM card slot sizing, then yes, it's just a matter of taking it out of your old phone and putting it in your new phone.  Then you're done. 

If the old SIM card is the older non adapter style - it may not easily fit into the new phone SIM tray if the tray sizing is different.

If that's the case, you can either physically cut the old SIM card to fit the new sim slot (mobile shops may also do this) or if that cannot be done, you can just use the new SIM card in the new phone and use the Change Sim feature on self serve.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kara2816- As long as the new phone is compatible with the Public Mobile network, you just transfer the SIM card from the old phone to the new phone.  That's it!

Need Help? Let's chat.