cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reactivating plan

lettie_mo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have a $25 dollar plan with autopay.  For some reason my autopay did not work today and my account got suspended. Message said to make a payment to reactive my plan. I bought a $25 payment voucher online from Recharge which I used and it changed my balance immediately to $27.00, and now says Amount Due: $0.00.

However my plan status is still "expired" and I cannot make call, says I do not have an active plan. I've tried logging off and logging back on as well as refreshing the page, but no change.

Any ideas on why my plan has not reactivated? 

7 REPLIES 7

@lettie_mo  It can take up to 2 hours for recharge.com vouchers to work. If you are set up for autopay and it fails as it does occasionally (sometimes two renewals in a row!) you can still make a payment from the card registered to your account thru 611 or thru your account. Just be sure to clear your browser, use Firefox, chrome or safari in secret/incognito mode. You may want to top up your balance from your credit card a couple of days before your next renewal just to be safe.

lettie_mo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just had to wait about 15 mins for the voucher to be applied.  Next time I will use 611 as the solution poster suggested.

Still no idea why autopay didn't work for me though, has done for months, and this time just didn't go through... 

@lettie_mo  What reactivated your plan? Airplane mode?

@lettie_mo 

Unfortunately autopay does fail occasionally. I prefer to top up a couple of days before renewal to avoid this possibility. It's also when I take a screenshot of my payment history, rewards page, overview page just in case any irregularities occur then I have a personal record of my account before renewal (and then after as well.)

If @geopublic  suggestion didn't work before contacting the moderators log into your account and report your phone lost. Log out. Wait 5 minutes. Log back in. Report phone found. Log out. Reboot phone. Hopefully this will get your account to accept the payment and start your new plan cycle.

If not then contact the moderators by clicking on the (?) At the bottom right corner of the screen  to submit a ticket via simon explaining your issue. Typ account specific issue and then type human. Follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of the screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lettie_mo wrote:

Hi, I have a $25 dollar plan with autopay.  For some reason my autopay did not work today and my account got suspended. Message said to make a payment to reactive my plan. I bought a $25 payment voucher online from Recharge which I used and it changed my balance immediately to $27.00, and now says Amount Due: $0.00.

However my plan status is still "expired" and I cannot make call, says I do not have an active plan. I've tried logging off and logging back on as well as refreshing the page, but no change.

@lettie_mo 

If phone works you can ignore the "Expired" message. 

however, since your phone is not working.

Try restarting the phone, turning airplane mode on/off.

Also when using payment vouchers, I have noticed that if you use them through dialing 611 from your phone they kick in right away. (restart of the phone could still be required).

The way the PM AutoPay renewal process works is as follows:

1. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight.
2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary).
3. if there any available funds they are credited first then if necessary the AutoPay credit card gets charged to cover the plan cost renewal.
4. Plan gets renewed and the account status changes back to Active.

cheers

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lettie_mo

Access selfserve and click on the reactivate button. Restart your phone. If it's still not working try making a $1 payment using the credit card on file to see if it kick-starts your plan renewal.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lettie_mo wrote:

@lettie_mo 

if your phone is still working you can ignore this message. 

since you can't make calls, try restarting your phone. Turning airplane mode on/off.

If you are not familiar with the Public Mobile renewal process the temporary suspended status could easily cause concern and panic and cause the customer to take unnecessary actions (Making onetime payments) that often result in account suspension possibly requiring moderator intervention and unnecessary downtime.

The way the PM renewal process works is as follows:

1. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight.
2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary).
3. If there any available funds they are credited first then if necessary the AutoPay credit card gets charged to cover the plan cost renewal.
4. Plan gets renewed and the account status changes back to Active.

Cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.