cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim wont activate

ringettesydney
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

successfully activated sim and transfered phone number from telus... waited 3 hrs and phone still has no service??

12 REPLIES 12

ringettesydney

Tried all of the above.  In the 6 it says no service as well.  Not able to make calls or text.   Messsge says number not in service when i call it.  611 call failed.

@ringettesydney 

What happens when you put the SIM card in iphone 6?  any signal?  Can you send texts out or call out?  

Do you have access to self service account?  What about dialing 611 with SIM card inside phone?

Other things to try: (if not tried already)

1.  Reboot your phone with PM SIM card.

2.  Take SIM card out and put back in.  

3.  Maybe try your SIM card in another unlocked  phone, just to rule out hardware setup issue.  If SIM card works in another phone, that would mean hardware issue.  

4.  If possible hardware issue, try network reset of phone.

@ringettesydneyChances are the registration process won't get through. With Public Mobile you just have to be patient.. and willing to DIY.. if you really need the phone right away, I suggest move up a tier to Koodo.

ringettesydney

hi guys,

with my telus sim down, i am phoneless.  still have not heard back from mods.  i gotta get my phone up.  should i try the registration process again?

ringettesydney

pm mods.  waiting for response.  thanks for the help all,

@ringettesydney wrote:

telus sim card still works

If your Telus SIM card still works and you cannot connect to the Public Mobile network with the Public Mobile SIM card in the phone, this means you activation completely failed.  Your new service can run up without a completed number port.  It will affect how your receive phone calls only.  A number port from Telus which is a sister brand should take about a minute to complete.  I suggest checking whether the charges went through during the activation or not.  If there's been no charges, then it should be possible to try the activation again.  If not, then moderator team assistance if likely need to rescue the account setup.  

@ringettesydney 

If Telus sim still works, your port has not been completed yet.  Hopefully, it will be completed by the morning.  

If not, you will need to contact moderator as described above.  It may take 1-2 days for moderators to fix issue, so continue to use your Telus SIM card until port is completed.  

If your Telus SIM card stops working, that usually means the port is complete.  Try the PM SIM card again.  

ringettesydney

telus sim card still works

@ringettesydney wrote:

thanks, will try.  should have mentioned it is an iphone 6 if it matters.

@ringettesydney Also you might want to try your sim in another phone to isolate if it's your phone or the service.

ringettesydney

thanks, will try.  should have mentioned it is an iphone 6 if it matters.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ringettesydney 

Does your Telus SIM card still work?

Telus ports are usually fairly quick.  If the port has not been completed by tomorrow morning, I would private message a moderator.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ringettesydney wrote:

successfully activated sim and transfered phone number from telus... waited 3 hrs and phone still has no service??

@ringettesydney  power down your phone remove the sim wait for about 15 minutes and power up to see if you get a connection.

Need Help? Let's chat.