cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone number transfer from old provider

zllaann
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have called old provider to do the phone# transfer. but after several hours, I still can't use the new number, data seems be activated already. 

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@zllaann 

If you called old carrier to cancel your account with them was a mistake.

Everything is do by SMS text with your old SIM in the phone. A text from your old carrier to confirm that your are porting over to PM.

Try to see if your old SIM is works in your phone.
Contact the PM CS Agent to restart the porting process and leave your old SIM in your phone and wait for the text. You have 90 minutes to confirm with YES.

Namu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@zllaann 

Apparently replying yes is very important when porting in your phone number. I have just learned this thanks to these other folks here.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@zllaann   are you porting your number into PM?  If so, there is nothing you need to do on your old provider end.. other than:   did you receive a text from your OLD provider and did you reply YES within 90 minutes?  This is a critical steps in porting.  Let us know if you have missed the text for didn't reply YES

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zllaann 

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy.....

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@zllaann wrote:

I have called old provider to do the phone# transfer. but after several hours, I still can't use the new number, data seems be activated already. 

When you transfer number to PM, you should send the request to PM.

They will then send the porting request to your old provider who, in turn, will send you a text to confirm authorization of the transfer. You have 90 minutes to reply to that text.

Have all these steps been accomplished?

Need Help? Let's chat.