cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new number

scapper1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I am getting a new phone number does that mean a new account and what of any balance that there might be is it gone or transferred

17 REPLIES 17

scapper1

when i called says not in service but am working with a moderator

scapper1

I did a reverse search on whitepages and thats where I found it  I called it and its not in service, when it got ported my service was suspended phone doesnt work in order to get it back its between Telus and PM's fraud division in the meantime I inquired about a new number and PM is sending a new sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

@scapper1 wrote:

somehow my original number somehow got ported to telus and i asked about a new one

Are you in control of your original number now at Telus?

If it was moved over to Telus then you could probably get it back.

Does your PM SIM and service still work?..just a different number now...or is it dead?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@scapper1 , @gblackma  a ported out number closes the account and all balance rewards etc are lost.

How/why  it got ported etc is now the question.

What happens when you call the number? Does it ring or does it say not in service? 

As mentioned I would contact mods via Simon. The chatbot.

scapper1

working with a moderator waiting for fraud division to call

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@scapper1 wrote:

So I am getting a new phone number does that mean a new account and what of any balance that there might be is it gone or transferred

@scapper1 If you changed it in your self-service account, you just have a new number, but accont will be the same as well as balance.

@scapper1  before you get a new SIM card try doing the change number as @Triguy  suggested. If it works, there is no need for a new SIM.

@scapper1 wrote:

somehow my original number somehow got ported to telus and i asked about a new one

popping

@scapper1 wrote:

If your number was ported by mistake to Telus, create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

@scapper1 wrote:

@scapper1  If your number was ported out without your authorization and/or knowledge then you have other more serious problems to worry about like identity theft and privacy.

scapper1

getting a mew sim card

scapper1

mimmo

If you are simply changing your number or porting in a numberin self serve the only thing that changes is your number.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can change your phone# in an existing account.

To change your phone number: sign in to Self-Serve, select ‘Change Number' under 'My Profile' on the Overview page. Here, you can choose to select a new phone number or to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.

Are you setting up a new account or do you have an existing account ?

popping

@scapper1 wrote:

No.  You can change your phone number once per 30 days.  You are still using the same account and same SIM card.  Nothing is changed except your phone number only.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@scapper1 wrote:

@scapper1  No, same account and the balance, rewards etc stays the same. Changing phone number does not affect your account.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@scapper1 Did you change your number from with your self service / my account ? You are allowed to change it once per cycle. Then your balance remains and you lose nothing. You do not have to change your account to change your number.

@scapper1 wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are uncertain wordings in there. What exactly are you trying to do?

Need Help? Let's chat.