cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android 8.1 apn settings

dennis1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an UMIDIGI A3 with android 8.1 and I can't edit the apn. How do I connect to the internet?

Yes, I have a data plan.

There are 2 apns listed under Access Point Names in my settings. They are TELUS SP (sp.telus.com) and TELUS services (services.telus.com). Neither of these are editable.

There is also an IMS.

This is very frustrating when I rely on being able to send and receive photos via text.

It would be nice to have a number to call for tech support when the Comunity can't help...

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dennis1 wrote:

droid and google fixed the issue

Great news. Thanks for taking the time to provide an update

dennis1

droid and google fixed the issue

dennis1

android 8.1 updated the OS and google updated mobile services app. 

All is fine now after a reset to default APN.

Thanks

Janterry
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had the exact same issue.  What worked for me is I ordered a Roam Mobility sim card (Amazon $4.95), took my PM sim out, popped the roam one in, was able to manually add PM APN, put my PM SIM back in and Voila!  

dgarewal

Try going to Network - Mobile Networs - Access Point Names - then triple tap on the three dots on the top right corner.

I just tried it on my Android 8.1 phone and it worked.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@dennis1 wrote:

I have an UMIDIGI A3 with android 8.1 and I can't edit the apn. How do I connect to the internet?

Yes, I have a data plan.

There are 2 apns listed under Access Point Names in my settings. They are TELUS SP (sp.telus.com) and TELUS services (services.telus.com). Neither of these are editable.

There is also an IMS.

This is very frustrating when I rely on being able to send and receive photos via text.

It would be nice to have a number to call for tech support when the Comunity can't help...

Since it’s Android 8.1 issue, there’s no option to change APN nor to add new APN, you can try above someone’s suggestions, or can you try install this app, it works for my ASUS Zonfone 4 MAX (Android 8.1).

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AAlIArKAxUmztZc&cid=C48A9603A89C84E3&id=C48A9603A89C84E3%21160...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dennis1 wrote:

Yes, I have a data plan.

There is also an IMS.

The only way to get it working is if you have a Freedom or a Roam.com sim card (others have also mentioned Speakout). Those cards apparently will allow you to add an APN. So just use the card and add the Public Mobile apn. Another option is to install a non Google Play app.  More info here  and here

Hope this helps.

GR
Mayor / Maire

Maybe you'll have to get in touch with support from the phone manufacturer!  Read up on this, it might help. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Android-8-1-APN-settings/td-p/241715

dennis1

There is no advanced settings.

GR
Mayor / Maire

Screenshot_20190420-194430_Samsung Internet.jpg

Try this to start

Need Help? Let's chat.