cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding US calling to my plan for one month

Lee50
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to make some US calls this week, and want to add this feature to my plan for one month. How is this done? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

if you're okay with the quality of VOIP services to make calls from Canada to the U.S., you can just use Hangouts Dialers from an Android cell phone to make the calls.  This will use your Wi-Fi or celluar data, but is otherwise free.

@Lee50 further to what @computergeek541 noted above, which is an option, you can also make those calls from your computer if that's more convenient, by browsing to https://hangouts.google.com.  I recommend you also install the Android app and use it to verify your Public Mobile phone number first, so that you can set it to send your own PM phone number as the outgoing caller ID info.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

if you're okay with the quality of VOIP services to make calls from Canada to the U.S., you can just use Hangouts Dialers from an Android cell phone to make the calls.  This will use your Wi-Fi or celluar data, but is otherwise free.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi. 

If you are going to make A LOT of calls to the US and the timing works, you could change plans to one that includes unlimited US calling then switch back in 30 days. But you would have to switch back to an in market plan 

But a long distance add on probably makes the most sense

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lee50 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I wish to place calls to the US only. Do I have to go to a Publicmobile store to add this feature on to my plan for one month?

Lee

@Lee50 the long distance add-ons aren't monthly--they sit on your account until all the minutes are used up, and then it is gone.  

Here's the guide on how to purcahse add-ons:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22... Note that it was written for some US Roaming add-ons, which are NOT what you want, but the process is the same.  Just make sure you pick either the $8 200 mins Long Distance add-on or the $15 400 mins Long Distance add-on.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Lee50
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I wish to place calls to the US only. Do I have to go to a Publicmobile store to add this feature on to my plan for one month?

Lee

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Lee50 wrote:

I need to make some US calls this week, and want to add this feature to my plan for one month. How is this done? Thanks.

Need some clarification.  Are you making calls to the US or from the US?  If it is to the US you can just purchase a Long Distance Addon, but as stated above if you are going to the US then you will need the US Roaming addon and they are only good for 10 days at a time.  I don't think you can purhcase 3 of them at the start to run consecutively either.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you are in Canada and want to make calls to the US, you need to purchase either the 200 or 400 minute Long Distance add-on.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lee50 wrote:

I think youd have to do three back to back US roaming add-ons (they're all 10-day packages). You can see pricing and details on the main Plans page under Add-Ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.