cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 4 not receiving data on a new setup

deryckhart
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my zenfone 4 is not getting data. I just did a set up on this new phone and get wifi, cellular connection but no data ?

3 REPLIES 3

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yuppers, like the others said check that APN.

Have experience now with three Zenfones (including a Zenfone 4 Max) and all had incorrect auto-added APNs (were for Telus and Koodo). Once I manually added a PM APN (see @will13am's post) data worked. I think I had to reboot too after adding.

Good luck!

marsbar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Clarify please: are you able to make/recieve calls and send/receive texts but it's data that is not working?

If yes, then definitely it's just the APN settigs. I had to manually set that up too on my Sony Xperia which I'm guessing is running the same OS as you. Something about not having the correct carrier settings for Public Mobile in the back-end Database for Carrier codes.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@deryckhart, the likely problem is the APN settings need to be properly set on your phone.  Use the following link as a guide.  Once the APN is set up, make sure that mobile data is enabled. 

@https://apn-canada.gishan.net/net_15_public_mobile_internet_and_mms_settings.php

Need Help? Let's chat.