cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When making a call, can we just show our phone number without our name?

georges2009
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

with public mobile, can we make a call and just show our phone number without our name.

I am talking about someone receiving my call that does not have me saved as a contact.

*** Please note: I am not looking to call private ***

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13

ClaudeR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for the precisions!

🙂

@ClaudeR wrote:

Then, if the person adds us as a contact, he/she won't see our name?

A name will show up however your contact has you saved in the address book, but Public Mobile does not broadcast a name to them.  If the receiving person does not have you saved, that person will see a phone number only.

@ClaudeR wrote:

If you're saved as a contact in anyone's phone directory, then your contact name used and number will be seen to that caller.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@georges2009 wrote:

Hello,

with public mobile, can we make a call and just show our phone number without our name.

I am talking about someone receiving my call that does not have me saved as a contact.

Thank you

@georges2009  Public Mobile does not use call or name display but I think Telus, Koodo and Rogers do. Did you port you number? Maybe that is why it's still working?

ClaudeR

@georges2009 wrote:

Hello,

Thank you

You don't have to do anything. Public Mobile does not provide any name during the process of making an outgoing call.  It's a relatively recent thing that Public has started displaying this for incoming calls, but Public Mobile doesn't transmit an outgoing name.

ClaudeR

Interesting!  🙂

@ooakosiryan 

ClaudeR

Then, maybe the best way to get a sure answer is to ask the Moderators:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You may also reach them with clicking on the little envelope at the right of the little bell, upright page.

ooakosiryan

@georges2009 wrote:

If a call a person that doenst have me as a contact, is there a way so that they only see the phone number and not our name.

Thank you

Hi, I took a look through the forum, and I found this post that might help. In it, the mods wrote the following:

Most phones use third party info from the internet for caller id. After reviewing your account, I saw that you have a Samsung phone. We found the service they use for caller ID.

You can fill out this form to update your caller id here https://hiyahelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=824667

So this has nothing to do with Public Mobile. It depends on the phone you're using and what info they have on file. If you're using a Samsung phone, you can use the link above to remove your name from the information stored, which will likely result in only your number showing up on other people's caller IDs.

I hope this helps!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@georges2009I don't think it is an option on Public Mobile to change the name on your carrier listing.. (it is an option on Rogers network though).

ClaudeR

I just modified my message above; please, look... 🙂

georges2009
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If a call a person that doenst have me as a contact, is there a way so that they only see the phone number and not our name.

Thank you

ClaudeR

Usually, our name is showing (and it's not related to PM), when someone adds us as a "contact".

But maybe, there are some possible tricks with PM and/or depending on the phone itself...

Need Help? Let's chat.