Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Starting in PM, doubts about compatibility and purchase

@cfrutos wrote:

@BarryS

@hzmy

So I double checked in https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/  and it marks it as not stolen/blacklisted

Your device HAS NOT been reported lost or stolen and is not currently on the national blacklist.

The carrier from Mexico after all the talking it could be summed up in: "Well. Good Luck." How should I proceed?
Chances are its network locked to the carrier..try a friends sim card in it...

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@cfrutos wrote:

@BarryS

@hzmy

So I double checked in https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/  and it marks it as not stolen/blacklisted

Your device HAS NOT been reported lost or stolen and is not currently on the national blacklist.

The carrier from Mexico after all the talking it could be summed up in: "Well. Good Luck." How should I proceed?

Check the network lock.

And check, which I hope the iPhone 6 in Mexico supports the telus 4G bands

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Firstly, I would try a friend's SIM card in your phone, preferably Telus, Koodo, or Public Mobile. If it works, go ahead and buy a PM SIM card and set up your account. If it doesn't work your phone is more than likely locked. You've already sought help from your carrier, so call Apple. Contrary to what was stated above, yes, they can unlock it for you.

GC 

Highlighted

@hzmy Thanks for the clarification about the IMEI vs SIM!  You are right.  My bad!

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hzmy@BarryS

Thanks for the support, will be coming back to this later today. Will try a friends SIM card and see what's up.

If not I'll buy another phone later on, already contacted apple and they told me to contact the carrier so that's a dead end.

@cfrutos wrote:

@hzmy@BarryS

Thanks for the support, will be coming back to this later today. Will try a friends SIM card and see what's up.

If not I'll buy another phone later on, already contacted apple and they told me to contact the carrier so that's a dead end.

Good Luck! And if it turns out be to a network lock phone and no one can help, go online and by an unlock code. 

@cfrutos  good luck and hope it works with someone else's sim.  If it is "locked" to your previous carrier's network, I wouldn't give up with them on getting it unlocked.  No real reason why they shouldn't unlock it.  Also, there are various other "unlock" services advertised everywhere on the internet and at small stores thoroughout various cities.  Not sure how legitimate they are and can't vouch for any, but might be worth exploring berfore giving up on your iphone.

Mayor / Maire

@slash407 wrote:

an iphone6 wouldnt work??????i dunno about that, usually its the phones from out of market like from asia that don't work.

@slash407 FYI, compatibility isn't the issue; the issue is that PM's IMEI checker thinks it's blacklisted. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This site works great, I have used it several times and it worked every time.   https://www.cellunlocker.net/ highly worth the money and you can pay by paypal.