cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM # disabled during registration process, Now I can't do anything!!

Valiance
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a prepaid sim card at a London drugs outlet, and now am wondering if i made a mistake.

I went through part of the activation process, entering my sim card and then my info, and then even though I paid for my first month's worth of minutes at the store, the registration process required me to enter my credit card and //pay again//. I thought this can't be right, and I went back to see if there was something I missed.There was nowhere to enter in any info from the activation status receipt I got at the store, but now of course I can't even use the SIM card I just paid for, as it is saying it is disabled. Someone help please ...

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ogtunes 

In that place to enter your credit card to pay, there's a drop down list that lets you choose voucher. Payment Method or something.

Then you enter the 12 digit voucher code. Hopefully there aren't multiple 12 digits.

But it sounds like you're already activated. Then you come to the My Account page and create your account using the activation details you got.

ogtunes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Where in the process do you enter the pin number?

I don't see anywhere in the activate form that would allow someone to do that...

activate-publicmobile-ca-2020-03-14-screencap.png

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Valiance  Did you buy a voucher at the store? If yes, then you can add the funds to you account by entering the PIN number from your receipt.

When activating your sim card if there is a problem you need to wait for the session lock to clear before testing again. Otherwise you get the invalid sim error.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Valiance Wait for an hour and try again. If same thing repeats, you can contact moderators : click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions, OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

You registered twice @Valiance . Once at the store and again when you tried to again activate your SIM. What happens when you put your SIM into the phone? If it works, create your self service account. Thanks. 

Please check your credit card statement to see if it was indeed charged twice, if you used it to both pay for you instores activation and when you tried to register online. To get at least a credit, you have to contact the moderators. Use this direct message link to do it.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.