cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from chatr

Shadi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I just port my number from chatr last night.
my chatr sim card still works fine. I can call or use data from public mobile but I can't receive any call on public mobile because it goes to my chatr device. Now I have one number in two devices. What is the problem?
34 REPLIES 34

b4basir
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you so much to all of you 🙂

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Welcome to the PM family:) Do you mind sharing with us how you finally got it solved b

imm1304

Sorry to hear that you had to wait for sooooo looong @b4basir.  

Happy that you are on PM finally.  I wish you a smooth experience from now on and I am sure this move will pay off in the long run.  See you around the community.  

b4basir

Thank you so much 🙂

srlawren

@b4basir thanks for following up, and welcome at last to Public Mobile!  🙂  Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

b4basir

Thank you so much

At last after 40 Days my number has been ported.

I agree that a 2 to 4 week wait is entirely unacceptable, to the point I almost wonder if that was a typo,  but the CRTC doesn't accept complaints from consumers about telecommunications companies.  For that, you'll have to contact CCTS.

As for the account PIN when porting, that is never mandatory.  You are only required to provide one piece of information that supposedly the original carrier accepts as "proof" that you that the phone number is really yours to move over to another company.  I doesn't have to be the PIN number that is used.  The prefered piece of information that carriers universially say is best to be used for porting is the customer's account number from the old company. 

Rockdaddy22
Go ahead

b4basir

Well, there was no wrong information that I provided. Your system asked me to provide the pin code which was compulsory. Later you asked me for the chatr account number whick i provided. So I was completely right in porviding all the information. As far as two numbers poritng in one account issue is concerned, yes I tried that. When I tried 1st number to  port and it didn't work, I tried for the 2nd one. What company on the earth takes 2 to 4 weeks for the porting to be done????? I have a humble request to resolve my issue as soon as possible or I will have no option other than to file a complaint immediately to CRTC. Thanks and am waiting for a quick response.

Rockdaddy22
This should be a lesson to everyone, make triple surebyou enter your info correctly.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @b4basir

I'm very sorry for the delay it's taking for your port to complete. 

There were several mistakes in the porting request which caused a confusion in our system, per example, you tried porting 2 different numbers in one account and then entering the wrong information as an identification for your chart-r account. 

This issue has been escalated to our back end team and they have given us a resolution time frame of 2- 4 weeks. 

Thank you, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

@b4basir I'm really sorry to hear that.  Unfortunately, I think about the best thing you can do at this point is wait.  I really hope a member of the moderator team gets to you quickly.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

b4basir
Hi srlawren

It is over 72 hours. I did not get any msg or email. Now what you suggest ?

b4basir

thank you so much

srlawren
@b4basir unfortunately, I think your options are pretty limited here and you probably need to hang tight. I hope Saray can help you soon.

b4basir

hi @srlawren

i msged to @Saray_O but did not get any reply from her. 

but i got an email from PM before 56 hours. they said within 72 hours you ll get a msg but did not get any msg.

should i wait more 16 hours or you suggest me something else?

thanks

srlawren
Hi @b4basir, it sounds like your port had failed or hung. You will need assistance from a moderator. Please send @Saray_O a private message with your Public Mobile SIM card number, your Chatr phone number, your Chatr account number, and your name exactly as it appears in your Chatr account and ask her to resubmit the port for you.

b4basir
Thanks for the reply.

I can call but can not received
I can send and received txt
My chatr number is still active
And my chatr account is still active. Pin and account number is ok.
I did not received any text from PM
I did reboot alot of times but did not get any difference.

srlawren
Hi @b4basir,

4 days us definitely plenty of time, it sounds like something is wrong. Just to confirm, you didn't get the text, and also you still can't receive calls or texts on your ported number? Is your Chatr sim still active if you put it in the phone and reboot, or has Chatr closed your account?

Also if you haven't already a few times in the past few days, could you try rebooting and see I'd that makes any difference to your ability to receive calls and texts on your ported number?

b4basir
Hi Srlawern
Shazia said your number is successfully ported. And she said u ll get a msg for complation the porting then u ll reset the phone.

But still nothing almost 4 dayes gone. I sent a msg to shazia but may be she is busy and did not reply me. Can you please guide me what can i do now? Thanks

b4basir
Hisar

srlawren

Hi @b4basir,

Please send a private message to @Shazia_K with the following info:

- your Public Mobile (PM) SIM card number 

- your Chatr account number

- the phone number at Chatr you want to port

- your name, exactly as it shows on your Chatr bills or in their self-serve account system

b4basir

hi

I am trying to transfer my number but i am getting a error

" We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance.  "

what is the help line number where can i call them ?

thanks

lqu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @Shadi, good to hear the the issue is finally resolved.

Rockdaddy22
Great news Shadi

imm1304

Glad to hear your new phone line is properly set up now.  Enjoy!  

Shadi

I got my sim card activated after about 36 hrs I sent my old provider and sim information in publicmobile-----> get help tab.

thanks for your help guys.

razor

Hey. It is probably because once you initiate the request for number port. The new service which you signup for which in this case is PM gets you a temporary number. In the mean the back office contacts your previous provider which in this case is chatr to port your number. In order the port to go through successfully the Account number that you have with chatr or the Pin number has to be correct otherwise it just goes in to the loop and that can take even 2-3 days to fix. In the meanwhile you can use both the PM and Chatr connections. Once your chatr sim card is no longer working that means your chatr number has been ported over to PM. Hope that helps!

Just confirm with the PM team to ensure that they have the correct account number*

Shadi

Ok, Thanks. I'll do.

Shadi

Still have same issue, I receive SMS from others or make call with PublicMobile device but my receiving call goes to Chatr.

Does anybody have any idea?

Need Help? Let's chat.