cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Landline

oilpaint
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys,

I've set up a temporary phone number as I've heard that's the best thing to do before porting. I was wondering how long my landline # will stay active after I send in my porting information via public mobile self serve. I've read it may take 1 week to port a landline but does that mean my landline will also not work for that 1 week or what?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

@will13am wrote:

@oilpaint , if it is Bhell, it should take 2 days.  It takes that long because they want a chance to sweet talk you into staying.  

Sometimes, this could work or for the customer.  By requesting a port out, Bell isn't going to think that as a bluff and may offer a relatively competitive retention plan.  Remember to make the decision based on what is best for you.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@oilpaint , if it is Bhell, it should take 2 days.  It takes that long because they want a chance to sweet talk you into staying.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@oilpaint wrote:

Hi guys,

I've set up a temporary phone number as I've heard that's the best thing to do before porting. I was wondering how long my landline # will stay active after I send in my porting information via public mobile self serve. I've read it may take 1 week to port a landline but does that mean my landline will also not work for that 1 week or what?

thanks

@oilpaint Once you initiate the port you temporary PM number will be replaced with the ported number within the PM/Koodo/Telus network and you will be able to make calls and send texts. Until your landline provider releases the number incoming calls to that number will go to the landline providers network.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@oilpaint wrote:

Hi guys,

thanks

They say a week it depends on how long it takes your current provider to release the number.  They may contact you and try to keep you as a customer.  Your landline should still continue to work until the port is complete.  Once you initiate the port your PM line will now display your landline number when you call or text people.  It just won't ring on your cell phone when someone calls you until the port is completed

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@oilpaint Hi make sure you don't close your account before completion of your port, at that time it will be closed on your behalf good luck and welcome to PM

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Number to be ported will work until port is complete

Need Help? Let's chat.