cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number change

asylee93
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed phone numbers to a new one from a suggested list on self serve (NOT a number transfer) and can't seem to get the new number to work. Both incoming and outgoing calls are not working. Messaging isn't working either. Does it take couple hours or so for it to work? if so.. how long..

6 REPLIES 6

asylee93

Yes, already submitted a ticket and everything.

Guess I'll have to wait for the moderator to answer.

@asylee93 wrote:

Did this several times and still doesn't work 😞

Contact moderators.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@asylee93 wrote:

Adding $1 may trigger PM server to provision your account again,

Restart your phone 5 minutes after adding $1 to your account.

asylee93

@asylee93 wrote:

I changed phone numbers to a new one from a suggested list on self serve (NOT a number transfer) and can't seem to get the new number to work. Both incoming and outgoing calls are not working. Messaging isn't working either. Does it take couple hours or so for it to work? if so.. how long..

It's immediate. If restarting your phone doesn't work, you have an account issue and will need to talk to the moderators by going to https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@asylee93 wrote:

Always restart your phone after phone number change.

Also check the phone on the "Plan and Add-ons" page.

Need Help? Let's chat.