cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK code

catzmiao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn't understand what the password for the sim was and entered the wrong number in and now it's asking for a PUK code?  How do I get this?

59 REPLIES 59

_Ahmad_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello, Today in the morning I went on my iPhone 5s and went to cellular then went to "SIM PIN" thinking that it would protect my sim card and I put in the 4 digit password that I use for my phone. Then on the top left, I see " Locked SIM", I then tried to call someone and it said "call failed" after it said "Enter PUK" "your SIM cannot be accessed. Please call your carrier to obtain your PUK code. Please help

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Faith wrote:

That requires a message reciever name, I dont know that.

@Faith

Go to page one of this thread..another member posted the solution and instructions there

Faith

That requires a message reciever name, I dont know that.

Carld123

@Faith wrote:

How I get my puk code?

@Faith

For a PUK code you will have to private message the moderators..

Faith

How I get my puk code?

@ragu1992 wrote:

thank you

my phone number is =

Why are you posting your phone number?  Public Mobile does not provide support over the phone, so the odds of customer service calling you are remote.  Further the messages that you are post here are viewable by anyone and everyone so you please don't post your phone number here.

What your phone is asking for is an unlock code. Sorry, but no one here, nor Public Mobile can assist you with that.  To get your phone unlocked, you'll have to contact your old provider/the carrier that the phone is locked to to obtain and unlock code, or otherwise get the phone unlock for use on other carriers (including Public Mobile).

Additionally, you can purcahse unlock codes from some sellers who host unlocking businesses on their own websites, as well as many sellers on sites such as eBay and Kijiji.  Cell phone repair stores also ususually offer this type of service.

Carld123

@ragu1992

If your phone is asking for a network key, your phone needs to be unlocked from your previous provider in order to use at PM

ragu1992

thank you

my phone number is 647 678 8167

ragu1992

hi my phone is asking for network key what is that

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @joeynewman2006,

We've received your private message and will get back to you shortly!

Cheers,

Syed

joeynewman2006

How long does it usually take to hear from the moderator?

Awsy

I just sendt a msg to them but cmon !!!! I meed my phoneeeee !!!! U.u the sold me this **bleep** without telling me the phone number, pin, etc... in every sim card u can see the sim passw and puk.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jamesb1- you will ned to send a private message to the moderators in order to get the PM PUK code for your phone.  Also, you should remove your private information, since this is a public forum.  Use the 3 dots in the top right corner of your post.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Jamesb1

Hi,

Vaniggywiggy

@CS_Agent

I am puk locked out of my phone. Can u please give me my puk code . I can't use my phone without it.. pls and thanks I am awaiting your response 

wikygirl00

Thanks I'll do just that and yes it's a puk code is what I need once I insert the sim card puk code is what it asks for right away 

@wikygirl00 wrote:

Hey I'm in need of a puk code please help me 

PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
  • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly up to ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

To get PUK code, reach out via private message to our support teams. More info here

wikygirl00

Hey I'm in need of a puk code please help me 

catzmiao

oh, well in hindsight that would have been good to know, however, I'm still waiting to hear back from the moderator team for the puk code.  I cannot thank you enough for your help with this.  

@catzmiao wrote:

That is the problem, I don't know what the pin is for the sim card.  I bought it from walmart and then tried to activate it... but then it asked for a pin.  I thought it was the one I made up when I registered it.  

The PIN of all Public Mobile sim cards is set to 1234 by default.

catzmiao

Thank you again for all you're help and guidance!
Does it take very long for them to get back with a response to the email?  I haven't had a working phone in almost a month... I just want to get this rectified asap

catzmiao

I have the unlock key, I didn't know how to do that.  I had better do that first!

I also just realized that my alternative number was the number to my locked phone.  I've just updated it.  Hopefully that will reduce the errors in the future

@catzmiao wrote:

That is the problem, I don't know what the pin is for the sim card.  I bought it from walmart and then tried to activate it... but then it asked for a pin.  I thought it was the one I made up when I registered it.  

Is your phone locked to another carrier? Unless you have an unlocked phone or locked to Telus or Koodo it won't register to the PM network. You have to go back to the original phone supplier and get the unlock code from them (as of December 1 / 2017 Canadian carriers are mandated to sell unlocked phones / provide unlock codes at no cost.)

catzmiao

I bought it from walmart and came home to activate it via laptop.

nothing was sent to me via sms

when I activated the sim it asked me for a 4-digit pin, I thought this was what they were asking for.  So I entered it, but alas, it wasn't what they were looking for.

When I bought it from walmart, they did not activate it for me.  In hindsight, I should have asked them to.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I found the following explanation for PUK in this thread

===============

PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
  • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly up to ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

====================

I activated a new plan at London Drug a few days ago.  It does not ask me for a PIN when I put it in my phone.

PM sent me two text messages. "Your new PIN is xxxx"

The first message with a PIN which does not match the one that I used during activation at London Drug.  But the second message with the correct PIN that I use during activation.

Is the PIN in the first message for accessing the SIM card?

Is the PIN in the second message for accedding my PM account?

popping

@catzmiao wrote:

I try to understand what had happened.

Did you activated a SIM card at Walmart with a plan?

If yes, why you are activate it again?

Did you purchased another non-activated SIM card in addition to your activated SIM card?

catzmiao

p.s.

thank you!! 🙂

catzmiao

popping

@catzmiao

Send a private message to moderator for the PUK code..

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.