cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response from Moderators

shatilas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I just recently joined PM and the very first problem that I am facing is the lack of support. I can not port my number from Koodo prepaid and it has been almost 24 hours since I have messsaged the moderators. Can anybody help?

Update: My issue has been fixed by one of the moderators. Seems like they are having a burst of activations due to recent promos. Be patient, guys!

11 REPLIES 11

tarek_omey

It's been almost 48 hours since I have sent a message to the moderators and no response yet. I have lost 2 days worth of service already, not happy with this second pm line so far. 😞

otty

Similar issue here porting from Koodo postpaid. I Initiated the port from self serve. All the infor was correct. within about 20 minutes I got an email from Koodo confirming my account cancellation but the number is still not ported to public mobile sim. My koodo sim is now inactive and everyone trying to call me is getting "this number is not in service" message. I have restarted my phone numerous times. My self serve acccount online is still showing the wron number. I have contacted the moderator_team more than 24 hours ago and no response. You would think PM and Koodo being the same company could have a smoother process here...

Update: mods fixed the isse. Apparently the port was succesful but the number was not assigned to my account...somehow. Anyways, all fixed up and good to go!

shatilas

Thank you all. I am not used to wait this much. Since PM is solely based on community and moderators, what I can do without waiting. 😄 Patience is a virtue!!

Looking forward to having a faster solution.

roniwest

I already did but thank you I sent a message yesterday. Im hoping I get some kind of reply before the end of the day. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@shatilas

Sorry to hear about your port issues.  A few people had issues over the last weekend promotion.  Is you Koodo account prepaid still active?  Otherwise, it should have ported easily since both Koodo and Public MObile are owned by same company

Usually need moderator help then,  From my experience, I had a relative simple request for moderator Wednesday morning at 9 AM EST, got a response at 11 AM EST Thursday.  Just over 24 hours...  Hopefully, moderator should respond soon. 

@Dunkman@shatilas, since it is a port from Koodo PREPAID, a moderator must get involved.  For some reason, the system is unable to do the port from Koodo prepaid to Public mobile (prepaid)without moderator intervention.

I read a post yesterday that Koodo prepaid and PM are using the same backend.  Therefore, the porting system will treat both Koodo prepaid and PM as the same provider.  Therefore, moderator needs to port the number manually.  At this point, @shatilas just wait after sending private message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkman wrote:

@shatilas

Sorry to hear about your port issues.  A few people had issues over the last weekend promotion.  Is you Koodo account prepaid still active?  Otherwise, it should have ported easily since both Koodo and Public MObile are owned by same company

Usually need moderator help then,  From my experience, I had a relative simple request for moderator Wednesday morning at 9 AM EST, got a response at 11 AM EST Thursday.  Just over 24 hours...  Hopefully, moderator should respond soon. 

@Dunkman@shatilas, since it is a port from Koodo PREPAID, a moderator must get involved.  For some reason, the system is unable to do the port from Koodo prepaid to Public mobile (prepaid)without moderator intervention.

@roniwest

Sorry to hear about the port issues.  You are not the only one.  Have you contacted a moderator?   If so, need to wait unfortunately.  It looks like it is taking 1-3 days for porting issues to be resolved.  Hopefully, your case will be quicker.  

Just in case you have not contacted moderator:

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Community Moderators are available from Monday to Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

roniwest

im having the same issue with my lucky mobile port 😞

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@shatilas Really sorry to hear about your porting problem, unfortunately this is an issue that only the MODS can handle, there's nobody else including Oracles who can fix this.  

MODS operate on a first come first serve triage system, so they will get to your request.  Generally it will take 24-48 hours, however I would suspect possibly up to 72 hours due to the different promotions going on creating a massive amount of activations, which creates more backlog for MODS.  As long as you sent a message to @CS_Agent then they will get to you.  Good thing is your issue is pretty quick to resolve, they will re-submit your port internally and takes less than an hour once they do that, usually.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@shatilas

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shatilas wrote:

Hi there, I just recently joined PM and the very first problem that I am facing is the lack of support. I can not port my number from Koodo prepaid and it has been almost 24 hours since I have messsaged the moderators. Can anybody help?

The official response time is "up to 48 hours" - usually they're a lot quicker to get back than that, but with all the new sign ups this past weekend and a technical issue that affected a lot of customers this week, the mods have been extra busy lately. But you should hear back soon!

Need Help? Let's chat.