cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network compatibility and APN settings

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

These are very common questions we see here.  I beleive this is an area that PM needs to clear up the information a bit for potential customers. 

3.PNG

I think this needs to go as it only checks to see if the phone is on the black list and not for network compatibility.  As well many times it reports back erroneous information.  We have had many members say their phone checked out through this but is not working on the PM network. Others have comeback saying their phone has been reported lost or stolen when it hasn't.  Most people here have been recommending using www.willmyphonework.net

Now there is a Knowledge base post for APN settings but that doesn't seem to work for all phones.  For this I have been recommending people take a look at https://apn-canada.gishan.net/  Looking at this site the other day it also gives network compatibility and APN settings as well as the directions to get to your APN settings to change them.

1.PNG2.PNG

So this looks like an all in one site that can help people find network compatility and how to and what to change if required for APN settings.  Does anyone else have things that can be added to help new people get up and running to add to this?  My biggest issue is people thinking they can rely on the IMEI checker and are good to go.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

6 REPLIES 6

Yawsug
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@rob79, the link worked for me with the /. I wonder if it is a browser issue?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai extremely sadly!

@ShawnC13 this is an excellent post!  [EDIT: bookmarking this thread, and adding to the oracles reference threads list for future reference]  If I had the power to sticky it for everyone, I certainly would.  @Jeremy_M, could you please sticky this thread in this Getting Started area? 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Back in January, @srlawren asked to remove the checker for the exact same reason you mentioned. They acknowledged that while they agree with this completely, they are working on a few ways to either remove it or improve it somehow. Sadly, nothing has been done as of yet Smiley Mad

rob79
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great post @ShawnC13 - I noticed something weird though.

Your link https://apn-canada.gishan.net/ returns a 404 error, BUT, if you enter it as https://apn-canada.gishan.net (without the last /) it works fine.

No idea why. I'm using lastest version of Chrome.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good thread @ShawnC13

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Please edit and add a warning that the Public Mobile IMEI checker often gives erroneous information.

Need Help? Let's chat.