cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisted Pixel 3xl

aaron6981
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Bought the Pixel 3 xl only to find out that it's blisted. It was a Rogers phone and they will not release the blisted rating. I even offered to pay the bill that's owed too it....I'm at wits end. Anyone got any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*listens to all the echos from the bottom of the public mobile forum canyon*

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why was the phone blacklisted? Did they tell you? The original owner might be required to get it working. I havent had that issue with a cell phone, but I did buy something that was registered in someone elses name and they had to de-register it. 

@aaron6981 wrote:

Bought the Pixel 3 xl only to find out that it's blisted. It was a Rogers phone and they will not release the blisted rating. I even offered to pay the bill that's owed too it....I'm at wits end. Anyone got any ideas?

Did Rogers tell you that the phone was blacklisted because of non-payment?  Is it possible that the phone has actually been reported stolen?

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@aaron6981   Agree with @gblackma  you may need to join Rogers for a short time to get the phone unlisted.  Then get it unlocked from Rogers and then port to PM.  I hope it all works out or it becomes a wifi phone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@aaron6981  Did you call Rogers when you offered to pay the bill? Have you tried going into a Rogers store to someone and offering them directly or via chat at Rogers?  You may have to join Rogers to get it done

@aaron6981 wrote:

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

If it's blacklisted you have an expensive music player.

Need Help? Let's chat.