cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account expires

Jibin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi , 

Stared my plan last month, and I setup with auto pay. Yesterday was the bill cycle due and public mobile charged my credit card yesterday for this month. ,, but it says my account is due and account deactivated or expired. Can someone help me with it

than 

7 REPLIES 7

Greg1275
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Happened to me a couple times now. Very simple solution. All you have to do is add the same amount of money to your account and repurchase the same plan. Immediately your service should be fixed. And public Mobile will credit your account back automatically with the first payment. So no money is lost. It just stays as a credit on your account for next month.

@Jibin wrote:

Hi

my account still says your account is expired/ suspended due to balance due. But i am on auto pay and its charged already. I can’t make any calls andno incoming 

@Jibin  That is a problem. If you login into your account does your account show as active? If not, can you re-activate it? Also take a look at your payment history, pick a date range 90 days do you see you plan renewal being posted as a credit?  If not, it means that the payment was not processed by Public Mobile. If you are still having difficulty understanding your history maybe post a screenshot minus any private info so that we might be able to determine what happened.

Other customers have also experienced issues with autopay so maybe it would be a good idea to message the moderators so that they can take a look and fix any existing issues with your account. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

While you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

Jibin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

my account still says your account is expired/ suspended due to balance due. But i am on auto pay and its charged already. I can’t make any calls andno incoming 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jibin wrote:

Hi , 

Stared my plan last month, and I setup with auto pay. Yesterday was the bill cycle due and public mobile charged my credit card yesterday for this month. ,, but it says my account is due and account deactivated or expired. Can someone help me with it

than 

@Jibin  If you phone is working you can ignore the message. If your plan is suspended then that is an issue. Is your phone still working?

Public Mobile Renewal process

If your plan was up for renewal and your phone is still working you can ignore this message. The temporary plan suspension although confusing is a normal part of Public Mobile's renewal process and in many ways it's best to simply not monitor the account during the renewal process.

If you are not familiar with the Public Mobile renewal process the temporary suspended status could easily cause concern and panic and and cause the customer to take uncecessary actions (Making onetime payments) that ofter result in account suspension possibly requiring moderator intervention and uncessary downtime.

The way the PM renewal process works is as follows:

1. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight.
2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary).
3. In the early hours, if there any available funds they are credited first then if necessary the AP credit card gets charged to cover the plan cost renewal.
4. Plan gets renewed and the account status changes back to Active.

This is normal operation.

*IF YOUR PHONE ISN'T WORKING* then you can contact the moderators for assistance.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jibin wrote:

Hi , 

than 

Are you still able to make calls, tho?

If you can I wouldn't worry too much about what it might be saying in your account.

zork1984
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Doesn't it say ignore the message if you are autopay?  I think when I checked, my account is in that funny expired state for a day, after which everything is OK.

Need Help? Let's chat.