cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will CUBOT S308 Android work?

arahmaan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

will CUBOT S308 Android work? 

phone will only work with GSM+WCDMA networks: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz WCDMA 850/2100MHz .

8 REPLIES 8

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
The above mentioned phone will function just fine on WCDMA or HSPA or HSDPA or 3G on 850Mhz. It does however lack the 1900Mhz band but it will still function just fine as almost all tower have 850 on them.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Cyber,

I'm somewhat confused due to the number of posts and their chronology, including edited ones.

If you maintain that the phone is incapable of 3G function because it lacks UMTS/HSDPA, I beg to differ with you. WCDMA is synonymous, and thus interchangeable, with UMTS and HSDPA. Further, according to my research, the phone would function on 3G 850 Mhz, but not on 1900 MHz.

I suggest to the OP that another phone be used. It requires WCDMA/UMTS/HSDPA capability. The 3G frequencies are 850 MHz (AWS) and 1900 MHz (AWS). The 4G LTE frequencies are 1700 MHz (Band 4) and 2100 MHz (Band 4). The 4G LTE- Advanced frequency is 700 MHz (Band 17), which has yet to be deployed. Due to how new the last frequency is to the Canadian market, most phones are not configured for it.

Your phone must be either unlocked, or locked to Telus. If you require an unlocking service, a reputable one is located at www.cellunlocker.net

You can purchase a compatible phone at Best Buy, Staples, Walmart, Costco, the Google online store, the Nexus online store, the Apple online store, the Microsoft online store, the BlackBerry online store, and the Alcatel online store.

If I misinterpreted your posts, Cyber, my apologies!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Cyber,

No problem with regard to reading too quickly.

Salut!

Fixed 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend
Cyber,

According to the OP's post and my research, the phone is WCDMA (not CDMA) capable. As such, it can operate on 3G, but not 4G LTE.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@arahmaan,

Your CUBOT S308 won't function because it does not support 3G UMTS/HSDPA = (850MHz / 1900MHz)

@Martin,

You're right. I have read a bit too fast !

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

According to the research that I did, the phone cannot function on 4G LTE.

FYI.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

If unlocked then probably will work. You can do a spot check by following the link on this page; http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started. Or you can borrow a friend's sim and try it. Per Cyber: Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile frequency are : 3G UMTS/HSDPA = (850MHz / 1900MHz) 4G LTE Band 4 = (2100MHz / 1700MHz) 4G LTE-Advanced = 700MHz (not yet launched by Telus/Bell)

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.