cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what's the point or advantage of 90 day plans?

pjstock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am coming to PM from Fido where I have been a monthly-paid client for 20 years.

Fido used to be the fiesty upstart but it seems to have slipped into cell phone medocrity, like all the others.

when my monthly bill (for UL calling and 6GB data - I listen to a LOT of internet radio while walking our dog and driving)-  crept up from about $65 to $75 to $92 I started looking around for alernatives. and came across PM.

while I guess strictly speaking it's a prepaid service, I understand that I can make it mimic a straight monthly plan simply by paying on time every end-of-cycle.

what intrigued me most however were the 90 day (call it 3 month) plans, which seem unique to PM.

Why is that? Why is no one else offering a 90 day plan?

Or rather, why does PM offer them?

These 3 monthers make sense to me because I think I could make more efficient use of my data.

With my current month play, I typical waste 1,2,3Gbs of unused data at the end of each cycle.

If I go 18GB at 3G (I don't seem to need more speed than that) for 90 days, any data unused at the end of months 1 and 2 at least rolls over to month 3, correct? So I could have a big chunk of data avaialble in Month 3 and so waste less.

And I should be able to cut my monthly costs to something closer to $50 a month, which I can live with.

or am I missing something?

Peter

31 REPLIES 31

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You pretty much answered all of your questions to be honest Peter.

Let's say you take the 18GB Plan for 90 days at 3G speed limits. 

You are free to use as little or as much data you would like throughout the course of that 90 day cycle. If you completely use up the entire 18GB before the 90 day cycle is up you will be without data but will still have text and data service. 

There is a $2/month discount if you save your credit card number on your profile, so that it automatically bills you at the end of the 90days (so $6 discount in total).

In your case PM is a good fit and you should really consider switching over from Fido. 

Need Help? Let's chat.