Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uncompatible sim card

kraftyk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

what should I do?

my SIM card is not compatible with my new (second hand) iPhone SE

my present phone is a Motorola 8gb, I seem to have the smallest SIM available in hand

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kraftyk wrote:

Thank you that was very helpful, I never thought I could cut the sim card myself

Be very careful cutting these things. You don't really have to anyway. They kinda punch out.

not really a cut  it's perferated

kraftyk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you that was very helpful, I never thought I could cut the sim card myself

The following picture show the different sizes of SIM card available:

Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 8.28.09 PM.png

You will need Nano size for iPhone.  If your PM Sim card is relatively new, you can punch out the nano from micro.  You could learn to "cut" sim card.  Check out you tube.  I did that in the past with another SIM card.  Or, you could just go to PM Vendor and buy new SiM card and switch in your self service account.  

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@kraftykWhat do you mean incompatible? As in cannot physically fit? or it complained about activating ie carrier locked?

IF it is not physically fit, the sim card should break down into nano sim. I think all public mobile sim card are compatible in 3 sizes, so all you need to do is break off more plastic.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@kraftyk iPhone SE takes the nano size sim card which is the smallest. If you have the smallest on hand, then that should fit perfect in your iPhone. If it's bigger, you can punch out to nano size.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kraftyk wrote:

Hi

what should I do?

my SIM card is not compatible with my new (second hand) iPhone SE

my present phone is a Motorola 8gb, I seem to have the smallest SIM available in hand

If you have the original card that the SIM came in then you could very carefully snap the one you have back into the larger size. If you don't have that card then maybe a store might have spare parts lying around.

Need Help? Let's chat.