cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card will not register

chris776
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I bought new sim card it is activated i confirmed that already and it will register in my daughters  phone . it will however not work in my phone. i have powered off, i have removed battery and sim card waited a half hour then tried. nothing  any help ?

13 REPLIES 13

@chris776 wrote:

thank you all for you help. it was 100 percent user error and tired is not a good time to do this. i had the sim card upside down 

oh @chris776  LOLZ that was funny.... probably not now to you... but tomorrow it will.  🤣

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  1

@chris776 glad you resolved the issue. Have a good day!

Jukebox

@chris776 

I'm sorry to hear that you may be having issues with your sim card maybe it is locked?

PUK

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted at the following address: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

chris776

thank you all for you help. it was 100 percent user error and tired is not a good time to do this. i had the sim card upside down 

chris776

this is the first time i have had a public mobile account. my phone is a samsung grand prime and i know that it works on the network cause my wife was using this phone on it for almost 3 years and just upgraded on friday 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@chris776 your information you provided is not that clear. Maybe you can clarify a few things?

Have you had a PM account in the past?

You said you bought a new sim card and it's activated. So did you activate a new account plan?

Or did you have a PM account before the new sim card and you went into your account and clicked "change sim card"?

Also what is the make and model of your phone?

@chris776 what's the make and model of your device?

reset your network settings

chris776

as i mentioned i put it in my daughters phone and it worked. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have another phone then try swapping the sim to see if it works.

chris776

thank you, yes it is unlocked, this is my wifes old phone that she has been using on public mobile for years  

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chris776 wrote:

Hi, I bought new sim card it is activated i confirmed that already and it will register in my daughters  phone . it will however not work in my phone. i have powered off, i have removed battery and sim card waited a half hour then tried. nothing  any help ?

@chris776 hi it sounds like your phone may be locked to another carrier who is/was it with ?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@chris776 wrote:

Is your phone unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.