cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card not registering

Carolinehames
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i think my sim card is faulty  because it doesnt register ( after ive set up the plan) in 3 phones ive tried to use it in ( including my phone that works with my public mobile card)

5 REPLIES 5

Carolinehames
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thank you , where in my account do i request change SIM please

@Carolinehames 

The phones themselves could be the fault. Locked, blacklisted, radio-incompatible, broken, hacked/modded, etc.

You should test if the phones work with other working SIM cards - preferably with SIM cards from two different carriers to prove they're not carrier-locked. You may be able to borrow these from friends or family or you may be able to get a retailer to test for you, it only takes a couple minutes and a couple restarts.

You should also confirm your PM SIM card still works in a phone you know works with it - just in case it's expired or you somehow damaged it while transferring between phones.

You should also login to Self-Serve and check that the SIM card and/or the account haven't been closed and deactivated. If it's been too long (the account has been suspended/expired for over 90 days) then the SIM card is permanently deactivated.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Carolinehames 

Is your SIM a new SIM or old SIM you are trying to register?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Carolinehames  - So, you were charged to activate this SIM card number through the activation pages successfully?

Can you log into your self serve account and ensure your account status says ACTIVE?

Try gently cleaning the contact points of the SIM card, then reinsert it into an unlocked compatible phone to try.

edit: missing word

If still issues, ask whoever you purchased it from if they can give you a new one for free. But then ensure you perform a SIM swap on your account, do not reactivate it again.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Carolinehames All you need to do is to get a new sim from store, like Telus or Koodo store,  and request Change SIM card in My Account

But before you do so, open a ticket with PM support and ask them to tryvyo re-provision the sim card and that could fix it.  Also, ask them if they can reimburse the cost of you need to get a new one 

Need Help? Let's chat.